Discuss creating my own company in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Master of your own destiny Rob. And also as Andy says, generally if something goes wrong there's only you to blame.

One thing I will say is you have to be the following:- Marketing, sales, purchasing, logistics, installation, customer service, administrator and so on. So it won't be a case of coming home and your days work is done. But the nice thing at the end of the day it's you thats taking the profit out of the job

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Limit companies don't protect your home and family like they used to. Everything now is done with a directors guarantee. So they spin it right back around to the owner of the company which debt or whatever (even with HMRC) is guaranteed against the directors personal assets.

That's why dodgy firms who we see mentioned a lot on sparky forum have it youngest nephew as the director who's got no assets and the guy making the profit out of dodgy sales practices keeps his Bentley when they fold the company 18 months down the line, write off the debt, and form a new company with the same contracts using a new younger nephew.

If you're a genuine bloke doing it right, you're not protected any more than a self employed bloke is when you go Ltd.

I'd sit down with the person in charge where you're at and explain your gripes. Then consider other employers. As going from employer to employee isn't a case of just ordering a ltd company name from a website for a fiver.

How did you get on with this.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to creating my own company in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Google has unveiled a surprise restructuring, creating a new parent company called Alphabet Inc...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all! Ive just joined and thought id pop in to say hello. Ive been a handyman builder most my...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
"Your posts are farcical. You claim there is no need to tank plasterboard in a shower before...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
I wouldn't want to 'test' the attackers so don't post anything about this anywhere public. If...
Replies
Views
S
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB