Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

News not good so far today was a preliminary hearing, I was hoping the counterclaim may be thrown out but no.

I now have to put together a witness statement which I thought I already had, it seems no one has read my statements, and the fact that I received no response to my emails don't seem to count for much.

It seems we have to agree on an independent report from a expert tiler, but they will not see the prep work or the hard work that went into this job. Also she says she has employed a joiner to do some remedial work, non was needed, my fear now is who do I get to do a report, and how do I know they are reporting on my work and not the joiners?

My faith in our judicial system is fading. I hope Anne (London tiling won't mind if I call for some more advice).

A

aphilp

News not good so far today was a preliminary hearing, I was hoping the counterclaim may be thrown out but no.

I now have to put together a witness statement which I thought I already had, it seems no one has read my statements, and the fact that I received no response to my emails don't seem to count for much.

It seems we have to agree on an independent report from a expert tiler, but they will not see the prep work or the hard work that went into this job. Also she says she has employed a joiner to do some remedial work, non was needed, my fear now is who do I get to do a report, and how do I know they are reporting on my work and not the joiners?

My faith in our judicial system is fading. I hope Anne (London tiling won't mind if I call for some more advice).

Phil let's talk tomorrow - I will look tonight at the Court Experts - was it Oldham County Court.
Remember, I counselled in the beginning that a Judge may not feel competent to deal with your Claim without an Expert Report. Can you please email me a copy of the Witness Statement to [email protected].

Please continue to have faith in your work and you will find that she will have to fit the bill for the Expert and your claim plus interest.

Best Wishes

Anne

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Phil let's talk tomorrow - I will look tonight at the Court Experts - was it Oldham County Court.
Remember, I counselled in the beginning that a Judge may not feel competent to deal with your Claim without an Expert Report. Can you please email me a copy of the Witness Statement to [email protected].

Please continue to have faith in your work and you will find that she will have to fit the bill for the Expert and your claim plus interest.

Best Wishes

Anne

Thanks Anne, I will ring you tomorrow pm if thats OK? just let me know the best time for you. Thanks again to all you good folk.

Yes Anne Oldham County Court. 2.30 pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
Phil what is she actually complaining about?

Court should of directed you both to agree on an independent QS.
Judge should of also instructed what the QS needs to report on. I.E deviation in levels as per BS****** etc.

An independent tiler is not an independent professional assessor. If thats the route the court guides you down then if anything doesnt go in your favor you can shoot down the report by questioning experience, qualifications and even integrity. Whose to say he/she hasn't got the offer of "rectifying" anything he/she may or may not pick up on.

Unless the independent knows British Standards and how to test and present findings in a report suitable for county court proceedings then its a no go in my opinion/experience.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Customer From Hell
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond