Guest viewing is limited

Discuss customers does not like the job, am I liable if she decides to re do everything? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

ab.tiling

Ok. here is my problem.
This is the cenario, I agreed to tile friends daughters property and as she was friends daughter I came down half the price I'd usually do the job, I tiled first a cloack room and that was fine, but wasn't paid for it yet, then I was asked to do the bathroom and as the walls were quite bad I decided to plaster them for free, started tiling and reached 85% until the tiles run out and now the customer decided that she don't like the job and wants it redone by someone else, so my question goes who is liable in this case? Does the liability insurance cover this? The job is good, I am professional ceramic tiler (city and guild certified) for over 10 years and have never had complains, that's why it's really puzzeling me what's going on here. :sosp:

A

ab.tiling

hi mate just ask here to be honest with u and what is the problem cheers

(According to her husband) the problem is 5mm difference in between wall on the left and wall on the right (the batroom is prox 3m wide) and if you stand by the door, it's un-noticable, unless you polled a line a cross and put a spirit level on top of it, you'd be able to tell.

A

ab.tiling

Public liability insurance wont cover it.
Is she just trying to get out of paying?

:thumbsdown:

I kind of knew it wouldn't, but was hoping it would cover :(
Also I thought about her not wanting to pay, but I think the problem here is that they are perfectionist and 5mm is the end of the world it seems.

It's like trying to be nice turned out to be a nightmare job.

A

ab.tiling

are you saying two opposite walls are tiled but not in the middle? and the difference in height from one to the other is 5mm? If that's the case they are going over the top

If however two walls next to each other are tiled and the grout lines are out of sync by 5mm then that really is noticable

Yes the 2 opposite walls, and seariously it is not noticable to the eye.

I'd say more or less it happened because the wall wasn't flash so in some places it needed to be build with the addesive to make it even out the difference, but I'm very use to doing this so it's not something new, I'm not one of those cowboys, I love my work and I love making my customers happy, also I think of myself as perfecionist, people has always been very happy with my works, so much so that they've asked me to do more jobs for them during the years. This is first time ever someones said anything negative about my work, that is why I'm shocked.

D

diamondtiling

Yes the 2 opposite walls, and seariously it is not noticable to the eye.

I'd say more or less it happened because the wall wasn't flash so in some places it needed to be build with the addesive to make it even out the difference, but I'm very use to doing this so it's not something new, I'm not one of those cowboys, I love my work and I love making my customers happy, also I think of myself as perfecionist, people has always been very happy with my works, so much so that they've asked me to do more jobs for them during the years. This is first time ever someones said anything negative about my work, that is why I'm shocked.

as a matter of interest what adhesive did you use?

A

ab.tiling

i am lost on this out of level by 5mm or the floors out of level or the tiles are out of level or the walls are not square?
there is a border on both sides that according to them don't add up, but before I even started the job I went around with spirit level, as well as during the tiling. But I'll got to go and see myself what they are talking about and if possible take few pics.

I'll try and correct what ever problem there might be as still I'd rather my customers happy, but if they decide to go ahead re doing the whole job I needed to know what is it by law that I am liable towards them.

Reply to customers does not like the job, am I liable if she decides to re do everything? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I wonder if any one can give me some advice. I live in a fairly new build house that was built 8...
Replies
Views
J
Hi First post on here but I have taken a lot of advice on here in the past. I am having a...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I'm currently having my ensuite bathroom redone. Tilers were in a day or two ago - I am...
Replies
Views
Pleasehelp
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
customers does not like the job, am I liable if she decides to re do everything?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.