Currently reading:
D24000 blade slipping

Discuss D24000 blade slipping in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mrbenn

I've just finished setting up my shiny new D24000, and I was impressed until it comes to tightening the blade. After attempting to cut the first piece of 25mm limestone, the blade started slipping after an inch or two of cut. I'm usually known for over tightening things, so I would be surprised if it was down to initial lack of tightening torque. No matter how hard I tighten the nut now, the supplied DeWalt blade slips, even when pulling the blade with my fingers. The paint has come off the blade in a circle matching where the flange touches the blade. Anyone else had this? I spoke to DeWalts repairers, and they tell me they haven't come across it before. I wonder if the large alignment washer in the middle of the blade is marginally too thick? I don't want to send the machine away to be repaired if this is user error of some kind.

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to D24000 blade slipping in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Was shocked at the price of a replacement blade for my sigma 10 m9. So rang Alan at ats. They...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
Hi all, Well the D24000 saga continues. Have been having real issues with setting up the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Ive just purchased a D24000 from my local merchant and really look forward to getting...
Replies
Views
C
I have a bag full of reducing rings that convert a 22.23mm bore in a saw blade to 5/8" (16mm)...
Replies
Views
Dan s
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB