Discuss Dishwasher + washing machine - help? :-/ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I know a good ex heating engineer who now works for ideal boilers as an area sales guy, would you like me to give him a call tomorrow about your heating.

phew.. I don't know, Mark, another engineer is supposed to come yet, briefed by the guy who was there previously, don't know if it will confuse matters, but I might take you up on it if we don't get any joy still. For now hoping to sort the DB /WM problem out... :(

C

Colour Republic

a vented system, did you mean it's got an outside vent from the boiler - if so yes it has, ugly thing it is, too...

no I got confused with how you were discribing the system

What you have is a vented system with an expansion tank in the loft. (rather than a sealed system with a combi boiler that has an internal expansion vessel)

One last question on your boiler... Does it ever need resetting to make it work again? or is there ever a loud bang when it fires up?

U

user123

no I got confused with how you were discribing the system

What you have is a vented system with an expansion tank in the loft. (rather than a sealed system with a combi boiler that has an internal expansion vessel)

One last question on your boiler... Does it ever need resetting to make it work again? or is there ever a loud bang when it fires up?

No this is brand new condensing boiler and quiet as a mouse, and the one previously got replaces largely because it spewed out gasfumes rather than steam right next to the back door which we use all the time, totally illegal, thanks, Persimmon Houses, - the engineer was actually really good and managed to keep the condensing pipes inside the utility room, very tidy, too, so they don't freeze in the winter, I can't fault him really, he tried his best.

C

Colour Republic

the engineer was actually really good and managed to keep the condensing pipes inside the utility room, very tidy, too, so they don't freeze in the winter, I can't fault him really, he tried his best.

That is actually quite a big problem with a lot of new condensing boilers that have been fitted, so glad he went to the trouble. It may be you do just have a pig of a system that gets a bit grumpy now and again, these problems sometimes sort themselves out.

As for the DW & WM any air in the pipes could be released by just running the taps near to the appliances seeing as they are connected just under these taps. Seeing as it is a new boiler, the plumber may have altered the pipe work and as such may not have flushed the pipes, flux used to make alterations can cause flaking, these flakes then travel round your system and get stuck in filters. On both your DW & WM disconnect the flexible pipes and check the small gauze filters on the end of the flexible pipes, you may find small green flakes that are resricting the flow to the appliances

Reply to Dishwasher + washing machine - help? :-/ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-MXRJTp6s Raimondi BERTA Grout Washing Machine...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
J
Hi I have just joined this forum and need help! I work as a plumber. I have a problem with a...
Replies
Views
J
R
Wanted to put up some info on different tile and surface types and which need sealing and which...
Replies
Views
Muse2k8
M
J
Hair Removal.... All hair removal methods have tricked women With their promises of easy...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
U
Been dithering whether to write about this and decided to just in case this ever happens to...
2 3
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Dishwasher + washing machine - help? :-/
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.