Discuss Dishwasher + washing machine - help? :-/ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Has the rad valves been balanced

Don't know that either. But the bloke who came and seemed a genuinely decent guy was here for hours and said in 30 years of central heating work he's never come across anything like it, he didn't get why whatever he did wasn't doing the trick, and then when the radiators did come on we were kind of relieved but he was still puzzled, anyhow, here we are...

U

user123

NO, it's gas central heating, the pipes are microbore, really thin, millimeters, stupid idea, there must be some blockage moving about but the system has been drained so often now that the water that comes out is really quite clear. I found a link somewhere where other people had the same problem, and some really strong chemical was advised, F something or other I think it was called, anyhow, the guy here used that and no joy. He tried a gentle powerflush, there is a risk of that busting those thin piples out of desperation...

the dishwasher pipes I think are connected under the sink, by the way, thread through the cupboard partition, does that make sense?

C

Colour Republic

ok just running the kitchen tap should clear any air on the mains.

Just to make it clear your DW & WM problems are not connected to your boiler problems, these are seperate issues, although the constant turn of the mains on and off could have caused it

So do you have a combi boiler? i.e DHW and CH on demand?

The problem with certain rads not getting hot could be a number of reasons

1) the system is not balanced as Mark suggested
2) There is air in the system, getting this air out will depend on which type of system you have
3) pipes are blocked
4) the thermostatic valves or the lock shields are closed at the rads
5) the pumb is either not powerful enough or turned down to push the water all the way round the system

U

user123

DSC01624.jpg DSC01625.jpg

U

user123

ok just running the kitchen tap should clear any air on the mains.

Just to make it clear your DW & WM problems are not connected to your boiler problems, these are seperate issues, although the constant turn of the mains on and off could have caused it

So do you have a combi boiler? i.e DHW and CH on demand?

The problem with certain rads not getting hot could be a number of reasons

1) the system is not balanced as Mark suggested
2) There is air in the system, getting this air out will depend on which type of system you have
3) pipes are blocked
4) the thermostatic valves or the lock shields are closed at the rads
5) the pumb is either not powerful enough or turned down to push the water all the way round the system

So do you have a combi boiler? i.e DHW and CH on demand? well we have a timer where we can set it up to run either, yes.

1) no idea if the system is balanced or what to do about it

2) don't know, except of microbore

3) could be, all attempts to unblock only bring temporary solutions

4) There are no thermostats on the radiators, just on and off valves, they are all turned on

5) got a new more powerful pump for that

and I am so sick to the teeth with that, it's been going on over a year now... was blooming freezing in the winter..

Reply to Dishwasher + washing machine - help? :-/ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ-MXRJTp6s Raimondi BERTA Grout Washing Machine...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
J
Hi I have just joined this forum and need help! I work as a plumber. I have a problem with a...
Replies
Views
J
R
Wanted to put up some info on different tile and surface types and which need sealing and which...
Replies
Views
Muse2k8
M
J
Hair Removal.... All hair removal methods have tricked women With their promises of easy...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
U
Been dithering whether to write about this and decided to just in case this ever happens to...
2 3
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Dishwasher + washing machine - help? :-/
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks