Discuss Does it mean you are a bad tiler if you have slow patches? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I would be very interested to see someones reason for saying yes..

I had a quiet period after xmas... with the expense of xmas still hanging around + the general economy leading people to hold onto their old bathroom suit or badly laid garden room floor for longer, it is expected for some. But a large accumulation of factors can change per area of the country.

M

mike1979

No it doesn't make you a bad tiler at all in my area there are stacks of us and I was very quiet in January but it's picking up a treat now and the tilers that we're busy in January are slowing down it's just how it goes but I will say this 7 lads rang a tiler that I'm not mentioning asked him for work he said he hasn't got much I rang him and he said when I want a bit if work to ring and he will sort me out

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Famine or Feast is what I say. All of a sudden there is no work, then all of a sudden you get a job and the phone rings and you have another job. Jobs don't spread out nicely throughout the year. You sometimes have to work long hours and weekends so you don't mess up the start of the next job. You sometimes need downtime to do your books and clean your tools or buy new tools. Sometimes I am physically exhausted and need days of no work.

S

Stef

there is a poster on here saying they have 23 private jobs to look at and are snowed under with work without that,wish it was like that here ,i think i would be out measuring and giving prices not spending all my time on here ,some folk have all the luck

Yes Brian that is me, am I lucky? Probably, because there are very few good Tilers in my area!!
Have I been slack? Yes but not for a long time.
As stated it depends what area you live in.
I live in one of the most socially deprived areas in Britain & I put out a quality job at a very good price. I will never be a millionaire but I don't work for buttons.

i have had a very bad spell also ,i think it could be, different areas are different with job s fear of redundancies and things like that

Not really my place to say, But could you not advertise or promote your business through advertising, website etc as having a larger catchment area? (if your willing to travel)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Not really my place to say, But could you not advertise or promote your business through advertising, website etc as having a larger catchment area? (if your willing to travel)

Brian still has a horse and cart as he's not been willing to move with the times, so he can only travel short distances to work :sofahide:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
January has been particularly quiet for me, for the first time in a few years. Have plenty of quotes out there and they are starting to come in now. There'll be a good few months work from a customer who's bath/wetroom I'm on with now. He's building a new house and there'll be plenty of work from him as well as other stuff coming in.

If M&S have poor sales figures before Xmas it doesn't mean they are bad at what they do or their products are inferior. What it means is either people are choosing differently as to products they desire or they don't have as much money in their pockets.

Reply to Does it mean you are a bad tiler if you have slow patches? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB