Discuss Donald Trump... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

I know everyone that has posted in this thread is only speaking in jest, but a high profile forum was taken offline for almost a week when a member started talking about ways of attacking an american polatician not too long ago, may have even been the president he was discussing, and the main poster was reportedly visited by one of the american law enforcement agencys apparently. Even though he quickly backtracked and claimed he was joking. It seems they take any sort of discussion about such matters very seriously.

Oli, do you know the forum or the person in the US govt that was being "threatened"?

It is true that threats of violence, or discussions about violence, about the president, vp, Speaker of the House, a Justice of the Supreme Court, etc., will result in the Secret Service (or any one of numerous other agencies that have jursidiction) starting an investigation. A declared candidate for major public office will enjoy the same protection.

The same holds true for foreign Heads of State...if someone threatens them, the Secret Service, the FBI, and the State Department Diplomatic Protective Service will get involved.

I can run my mouth all I want, on the internet, in print, or verbally, about Obama, Trump, Palin, Bush, Pelosi, and so on...but if I start saying things like "they need to be taken out" or something that sounds like I am seriously entertaining, encouraging, planning intimidation, violence, assasination...then I will rightfully
be investigted.

The Secret Service, FBI, etc get hundreds of these threats a day...most are benign, but some are serious and are fortunately dealt without any of us knowing what was going on.

O

Olz

Luckily we are not talking about Obama, we are talking about potential canditates in a DIFFERENT country, and the fact that Donald Trump's involvement in Scotland is highly controversial is well known and me just saying I don't like the man and what he stands for, well, I reckon we are still in the era of free speech?
Maybe I should add that 'in no way do individuals' opinions of forum members reflect the position of the forum organisers nor the forum as a whole" .............................

Yes we do Gisella, ill make it clear before anyone starts jumping in about free speech, right to opinion, over moderating blah blah, you get the picture,

I posted because its interesting how much monitoring must go on by government agencys for threads like the one I described to be picked up on, they must have a massive computing power, and resources to be able to do so, kilty's joke about hitting him with putters reminded me of the other forum. NOT becuase i thought that the FBI were mid flight to your houses to bust you all!!!

If what anyone had said was a problem I would have just deleted the thread. Again - The point was that its interesting (to me anyway) how such things are monitored.

No MOD issues here, like I said. We dont just look for excuses to slap you all down you know...lol

U

user123

Golf courses are bad news for the environment in general, had to do a translation about it once... they look so natural but aren't at all.... how do you think those lawns are kept so pristine... but that aside I just find it appalling that he can practically invade Scotland with his pomp and arrogance and makes money talk again, louder than the voice of the locals and anyone who dares to object... and that he gets away with it ... those who say he creates jobs, it's like selling your soul to the devil... bad news.... every instinct in my belly recoils from the man... uurrgh...

R

Rob Z

Golf courses are bad news for the environment in general, had to do a translation about it once... they look so natural but aren't at all.... how do you think those lawns are kept so pristine... but that aside I just find it appalling that he can practically invade Scotland with his pomp and arrogance and makes money talk again, louder than the voice of the locals and anyone who dares to object... and that he gets away with it ... those who say he creates jobs, it's like selling your soul to the devil... bad news.... every instinct in my belly recoils from the man... uurrgh...

MG, he's already done all of that in Atlantic City NJ and several other areas. Now I guess he figures it's time to take on a new conquest. Now if only some Braveheart-looking Scotsman would take care of him and keep him from coming back here.

U

user123

I didn't quite understand what you were saying there... :lol: sounded good though...brave farmer, and it's not a wig, is it... just really bad hairstyling me thinks... :lol:

It reminds me when the American Peter de Savary bought Land's end in Cornwall years ago now - how can ANYONE get away with buying Land's End??? Bare cliffs and grassland, and he comes with his dollars and buys one of England's most famous piece of land and build an almost Greek looking, columns and everything tourist type place in this gorgeous wilderness... before there was free parking, as it was open land, now there were parking meters... unless it has all changed again years on, the peace completely shattered. Mad.... :incazzato:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Donald Trump... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
T
There has been more major inventions came from the Scots than any other country in the World...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
U
> A FEW QUESTIONS THAT HAUNT ME! (no, not me, just whoever put them together.. ) (some good...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Donald Trump...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.