Discuss Donald Trump... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

lands end is totally spoilt. its some kind of tacky theme park now

when you say the biggest in the world does this mean they will be using full size windmills

About Land's end - thought as much... :thumbsdown: I used to live in Cornwall and go rockclimbing on the cliffs there, and at Sennen cove and all that area, beautiful peaceful days, meeting other climbers and hikers and dog walkers, the odd tourist, and it was as wild and unspoilt as the Irish West Coast... along comes Peter de Savary with his money, HUGE protest everywhere, considering planning permission in Cornwall is really strict, ... did it help? Nope, money again talked ... and it's happening all over again with Mr bloody Trump.

The bits I did manage to see on that program was of him lying about environmental approval - all 7 environmental groups involved and questioned were against his plans and what has happened already, stabilising ever moving dunes on which the natural balance there depends with planting grasses that are in conflict with the natural habitat there, he just bulldozered over everything with his big ego - wait and see what will happen if this golf course doens't yield the returns he is hoping for... tacky theme parks here we come. Don't know about the windmills...:)

U

user123

ive got mixed feelings about this

scotland would benefit a great deal from the largest golf course in the world but I think the location needs carefull consideration as scotland could lose a valuable asset

Mike, when they say largest course in the world...is that the area of the course, the number of holes, or both? How many acres is this proposed course?

ive no idea Rob, Its the first ive heard of it here

First I've heard of it too but surely there's not enough space for the largest size-wise? If there is, it'd include some pretty difficult mountainy bits. haha

Could be a donal trump million hole crazy gold style thing perhaps?

Donald Trump's website, all glory of course..

Trump International Golf Links - Scotland - Home

News about it in March... and yes, permissions have been granted...

Donald Trump and The Scotland Golf Course: Construction of the "World's Greatest Golf Course" Under Debate

on TV it said largest golf course, there it says, "greatest", anyhow... judge for yourself... if you google you find loads of opposition to it... none of it did any good though, sad or what??

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

The first you heard? Donald Trump wants to run for President (seriously) and very seriously claimed that Obama wasn't an American and therefor was not entitled to be president at all, it was quite a subject a few weeks back. So Obama was literally forced by this resulting sensationalism all over the press and people out for his blood to provide proof that he was indeed born on US soil, to a white mother and a black father. .. wow, don't get me started ....

Reply to Donald Trump... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
T
There has been more major inventions came from the Scots than any other country in the World...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
U
> A FEW QUESTIONS THAT HAUNT ME! (no, not me, just whoever put them together.. ) (some good...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Donald Trump...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.