Discuss Drying out limestone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

The reason for what..?.. The adhesive should be cement based and this dries Hydrolically by chemical reaction.. only the moisture left in the stone once the adhesive has set and this normally would dissipate within 48 hrs or so..

The Tanking will not effect the drying for the time scale you have waited.. hence why we say they are now stained..

Good luck and please let us know how this pans out ..

N

noonandchas

I think he was suggesting that the removal of the wall tiles would affect the tanking and that the whole lot might have to come off for a complete 'start again'. Sounds like that should not be the case, which is in the circumstances counts as good news. Meeting to be had with our plumber and I will report back. I would like to point out that this issue with the tiles aside we are very happy with the quality of the plumbing work and the look of the floor.

T

Time's Ran Out

Being happy with half a job isn't the point I'd have thought!
In post 21 we learn a bit more of the previous discussions you've had with the 'tiler' and are you now suggesting he has already advised that the whole lot have to be removed and start again with the tanking!
If so what are you waiting for - get them to remove the lot and this time get it done professionally ie by someone who understands stone tile fixing.
Just out of curiousity what weight are the wall tiles and what tanking has been used on the walls?
You mention that the tiles have not been sealed - does this include the floor tiles and at what stage are they being protected.

N

noonandchas

Its a bit harder explaining the order of everything thats gone on in a few words on a forum and I'm a homeowner not a professional, but just to summarise for now the job has progressed well bar the one big issue of how the wall tiles have gone on. Its not ideal, but its an honest mistake that we now need to get put right. My original question about whether the tiles will dry out has I think in all likelihood been answered and it seems that the only course of action is to replace the tiles. I'll report back when there's more to say, but thank you to everyone so far for your useful advice.

J

jay

Its a bit harder explaining the order of everything thats gone on in a few words on a forum and I'm a homeowner not a professional, but just to summarise for now the job has progressed well bar the one big issue of how the wall tiles have gone on. Its not ideal, but its an honest mistake that we now need to get put right. My original question about whether the tiles will dry out has I think in all likelihood been answered and it seems that the only course of action is to replace the tiles. I'll report back when there's more to say, but thank you to everyone so far for your useful advice.

that would be great thanks

Reply to Drying out limestone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, Going through a major refurb on the house and recently had a 13mm limestone floor...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
P
We had a wet room installed about 8 months ago. The floor is tiled with large 60x60cm porcelain...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Drying out limestone tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.