Discuss easiest trade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

You know what Dave I'm passionate about all building works I get involved in kitchens bathrooms and decoration are the 3 main areas of my work and I could talk ******** about all of them for hours. I'm just very lucky that I really enjoy what I do.

Rob , this might be of interest to your as well , this is one of my Bruv's new businesses and they will beat like for like prices.. worth looking into >>>> Park View Interiors Kitchens Bathrooms Bedrooms Teesside ? Kitchens

C

Colour Republic

Rob , this might be of interest to your as well , this is one of my Bruv's new businesses and they will beat like for like prices.. worth looking into >>>> Park View Interiors Kitchens Bathrooms Bedrooms Teesside ? Kitchens

I think your brother uses a lot of the same suppliers as me so will be paying similar prices as I do. We do enough kitchens to be able to buy at wholesale rather than trade price. I've also started supplying other builders in my area with the odd kitchen here and there, The kitchens aren't really any cheaper than they can buy elsewhere from other trade outlets but they are much better quailty so offer greater value for money. I assume it's the same for your bro. Same price, twice the kitchen!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Just going off topic a min here, but CR, you could do with swapping this page titles around so Colour Republic is at the end, and the actual page title for the page is at the start.

So Colour Republic | Harlequin Oriana metallic gold Wallpaper | Installation
Could do with reading Harlequin Metallic Gold Wallpaper Installation | Colour Replublic

It should always be 'Page Title | Category | Website Name'

That is all. Carry on.

[FONT=&amp]It was actually a conscious decision to do it that way around for all of my pages Dan.

In the local searches it always brings up similar results all with the same titles, most of these were directories rather than local businesses, so in the results my title would stand out (when on first page). I knew there was greater seo value to put the company name at the end but then I knew I could beat the directories in other areas of SEO to still get on first page.

That said the blog pages are of course not designed to be just local related but worldwide so for them it was wrong of me to do it that way around and i've been meaning to change it for ages. The above page was one of the busiest pages on my site but most hits to that page came from Google image search as the pics are well optimised.[/FONT]

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Here i took some pictures today.
DSC_0853.jpg you can see how much skirting is out. :yikes:
And here is other room , i did more work today, (walls are realy bad
DSC_0846.jpg DSC_0847.jpg DSC_0849.jpg DSC_0851.jpg DSC_0849.jpg
And i am as passionate hanging wall paper as tiling...

C

Colour Republic

I know you were just using the laser to try and show it was out of level but you have to be careful with lasers when pointing them at an angle in to corners as they often lie! Wherever possible you should fire the laser at 90 degrees to the wall as if that wall is out it self and you fire it at an angle it won't give a true reading.

This was a little video I did a while ago to show it, hope it makes sense

imagine the bit of flooring is an out of level wall

[video=youtube;e6uM89WaY2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uM89WaY2o[/video]

C

charlie1

I know you were just using the laser to try and show it was out of level but you have to be careful with lasers when pointing them at an angle in to corners as they often lie! Wherever possible you should fire the laser at 90 degrees to the wall as if that wall is out it self and you fire it at an angle it won't give a true reading.

imagine the bit of flooring is an out of level wall

[video=youtube;e6uM89WaY2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uM89WaY2o[/video]

Good one CR, im always very consious of the distance / angle effect of lasers!!

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london

yep= make sense CR. When i do wall paper i allways check where to start, where to finish how not to waste any paper etc etc. :thumbsup:
I think i know what i'm doing, but i'm not expert like you. So it's good you are here, and i hope i could come to you for advice in the f:smilewinkgrin:uture

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Without knowing the type of paper it was printed on, the method of printing and the type of ink used to print it's hard to say if you've done a good job or not. It certainly looks good enough even though in your last picture the right hand wallpaper is 10-15mm higher than the left wall ;)
I had i look again, and you are right CR- it is about 10mm . Wall was about 35mm out , so i had to overlap and cut . We live and learn :thumbsup:.

C

Colour Republic

I had i look again, and you are right CR- it is about 10mm . Wall was about 35mm out , so i had to overlap and cut . We live and learn :thumbsup:.

Where's that smug smiliey? only joking ;)

Bloody hell Tony, who lives there, Goldilocks and the three bears? :lol:

They clearly like wallpaper so good on them especially with their choices although i'm not a fan of the trees one. Interior designers went crazy for Cole & Son about 8 years ago and i'd put money on the woods being their best selling wallpaper now. It's not that it isn't a nice design, as it is but sadly it's been done the death now so it's all a bit 'common' which is saying something for a relatively expensive paper.

Looks like a nice house.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to easiest trade in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I am just looking for some advice regarding my shower room. I have a newish house (2.5...
Replies
Views
Joseph Kover
J
G
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
S
We're halfway through tiling a combination of mosaics and ceramin tiles. In the picture below...
Replies
Views
J
Hi guys, We bought our first house in 2012 and, like most first houses, it was in a terrible...
Replies
Views
J

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB