Discuss Edwardian Tiling With A Modern Twist! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StephenR

Unfortunately, Metros are bang on trend again. I hate the damn things. Just did a small wetroom in them; white with antracite grout. Now this last week, I have a kitchen splashback with them with one end whole wall 9 ft high 7 ft wide, 6x3 bevelled black on the bottom, white on top, one row above the worktop black, above white with the black tiles having antracite grout and the whites above with silver grey grout. The black tiles being a different size to the whites just for good measure. If people are set on them, nothing seems to be able to change their minds. Hope you can get a better suggestion accepted. My wife nearly tried to choose them for our kitchen. I refused to lay them ;) We're now having 12x4 flat in an edwardian house, shaker style doors. I feel your pain.

cheers,

Stephen

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
redditch
Did someone say they like Metros???

Just finished these 3 rooms (bath, ensuite & cloaks), floor to ceiling 200 x 100 beveled edge white metros!!!
Just over 60 sq metres in all - hateful things!!

My tiler wasn't impressed, but my customer loves them........:eek:

20150929_101206.jpg 20150929_101216.jpg 20150929_101244.jpg 20150929_101318.jpg 20150929_101343.jpg 20150929_112438.jpg

Last edited:
S

StephenR

Well that horrible dose of metros looked far better (still painful and takes ages) than I thought it would and I have to say, it looks quite smart.

The pic doesn't quite show the anthracite as dark as it is in real life (the light I think or my silly phone camera) but the thing that made them look really good was the silver grey grout on the white ones. With white grout, they all merge a bit into a mass of white but the grey just sharpens up the whole thing a bit. Maybe the client did know something after all.

So silly me shows the wife. "See" she says, "they do look smart don't they". You can see where this is going ....

IMG_20150929_120012983_HDR[1].jpg

Reply to Edwardian Tiling With A Modern Twist! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
Hey guys, gals, I'm to see a potential client over the weekend and he would like his hallway...
Replies
Views
S
T
Hello, We’re on the home straight of our new kitchen being fitted, and the fitter has been...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
L
Replies
Views
Kevbos
K
Evening guys and girls. looking for some help sourcing a tile, decorative ceramic or something...
Replies
Views
O
Hey guys, So I got this terrace to tile and grout, thankfully only 3.2m X 900mm in these tiles...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB