Discuss Edwardian Tiling With A Modern Twist! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

@3_fall

They are beautiful tiles. Only thing I would check if you went for a patterned tile like that Marc is whether the wall units can be raised up to 604mm above worktop so you can fit full tiles in. Unless you/they were happy to cut to the worktop as well as units.

Yeah fair point mate,
Well I'm gonna pop my head in Sat morning and see what's what!
Only Surbiton, so for a change its actually local! Woo Hoo! Haha
Might even let them read this thread! :)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Why are metro tiles called.....metro tiles?........someone told me it's cause the London underground was tiled with them..

Btw....share your hate for them......just completed 10 m2 in a kitchen, round a big window, inside the reveals, above the wall units.....job from hell....white metros with dark grey grout aswell......not my cup of tea for sure...

I

Ian

Why are metro tiles called.....metro tiles?........someone told me it's cause the London underground was tiled with them..

Btw....share your hate for them......just completed 10 m2 in a kitchen, round a big window, inside the reveals, above the wall units.....job from hell....white metros with dark grey grout aswell......not my cup of tea for sure...
A kitchen splash back including over the cabinets! Now that really is my idea of hell! :imp::rage::imp::rage:

O

Old Mod

Haha well Andy they were half right! :)
They came about around the turn of the 20th century, and were used in the New York Subways when they opened in the very early 1900's!
And were subsequently used in the London Underground too!:rolleyes:

So...... No pics for us Andy? :D

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Haha well Andy they were half right! :)
They came about around the turn of the 20th century, and were used in the New York Subways when they opened in the very early 1900's!
And were subsequently used in the London Underground too!:rolleyes:

So...... No pics for us Andy? :D
Finished the job today...ment to take some pictures but the polish cleaners were rushing me so they could clean the kitchen ......I will join the HTMTS with you and Bri.....I could be treasurer. ...o_O

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Here are some,bloody awful , grey grout as well, mitred to a fashion , in a 14 grand kitchen apparently :fearscream::fearscream:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reply to Edwardian Tiling With A Modern Twist! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
Hey guys, gals, I'm to see a potential client over the weekend and he would like his hallway...
Replies
Views
S
T
Hello, We’re on the home straight of our new kitchen being fitted, and the fitter has been...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
L
Replies
Views
Kevbos
K
Evening guys and girls. looking for some help sourcing a tile, decorative ceramic or something...
Replies
Views
O
Hey guys, So I got this terrace to tile and grout, thankfully only 3.2m X 900mm in these tiles...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB