Discuss ever told a customer you hate the tiles they picked? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Slightly different take on tiles that are not liked by installer , but i did a job about 15 years ago now up on yorkshire moors somewhere and my client bought genuine antique jerusalem random stone from paris ceramics. It probably cost him £ 400 per sq mt plus vat in those days!!
the whole job had to be done whilst his wife was on holiday and i think he put in a smallbone or wilkinson kitchen as well as a surprise for her return.]
I tried to talk to him about the floor but it was too late as he had bought it and had ripped up a great antique yorkstone floor to replace it with.
and what a surprise it was because I was there applying the last seal as she walked through the door a bit earlier than expected on that final day and she went nuts with her husband.
goodness knows what happened after that.
I hope that someone from that area will be able to remind me of the very famous building contractor for that region. it had been his own house.

D

DTile

I think that tile/mosaic combination looks fine - colours go together, and as others say the fixing quality is great. Purely matter of taste if you like/dislike mosaics over a large area, but imho this job looks tasteful & more interesting as it is.

The only feature that I'd change would be that wood. Nothing actually wrong with it, but it just doesn't seem to fit in or go with anything else in the room. Stands out like a bulldog's wotsits & ruins the rest (imho).

But keep the tiles & sanitaryware exactly as they are.:smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to ever told a customer you hate the tiles they picked? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
I would really appreciate some advice from those who know more about tiling than myself. We had...
Replies
Views
Don White
D
hi lads, I hope you could help me out. Basically I am plumber myself and I inspected a job...
Replies
Views
Hi All Was meant to start tiling this conservatory today got there this morning and something...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB