UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I've had an enquiry asking me to make something like these for porcelain tiles:-

media.nl

They cut a mitre into the edge of a tile in one process.

Here is a video of how they work:-

Questions:-

Would this be of interest to many?

What size would be most useful? I was thinking 12mm would cover most applications?

Cost would be in the region of £70-£80 + vat + p&p

We'd formulate it for Porcelain, but that would also be able to cut most hard stones as well.

Cutting would ideally have to be a wet process, especially on porcelain. I'm not sure how long one of these would last if used dry or even if would provide an acceptable finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

Have you not seen the Mitre wiz..?.. now if that product similar to that could be actually brought into production as it is a dry cutting process, then it would sell like hot cakes to the pro's.

I'd never seen that David. Have you actually tried one?

I'm having a chat with the tech guys at the factory to see if we could make one of these tools for dry cutting.

C

Concrete guy

C

Concrete guy

12mm is good for stone but most porcelains will be 9mm/10mm , so seen as most stone is machine cut and they will mitre on the same machine then maybe go the porcelain thickness route.. unless it can be there can be a removable part to allow for 12mm to 10mm

As this is a back cut, (the cut edge won't be seen) a 12mm cutter would just overlap the bottom edge of the tile. I see 12mm as more versatile?

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
I should have some drawings for this in a day or so, once I do I'll post them up.

How much shy of the edge would you want the cut to be?

Would it make sense to leave 1mm of factory edge? You wouldn't want this cutting right up to the top face otherwise it will leave a razor sharp edge.
most members know how much i love MITRE WIZZ :lol:
. Now can say this looks real deal, and i'd buy one for sure .:drool5: 1mm of original edge is perfect. :thumbsup:

C

Concrete guy

I would buy one off of you do you have an on line shop I can Visit ?

We're currently trading on that well known auction site with a shop. At least until we get a decent webshop set up.

I have to be a little careful what I link to on this forum as many of my products are direct competition for a forum sponsor.

Type my username into google and you'll find me with little trouble.

Reply to External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
C
    • Winner
Looking to do a few mitred external corners this week (600x300x9 porcelain). Practiced the cuts...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
I am currently doing a new build where the customer has bought some tiles from Porcelenasa...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.