UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Kept an eye on this thread with interest. Well done ATS for thorough testing.

Big shame that I now need to look at a variable speed grinder/polisher, as I do tend to use my basic grinder for most stuff nowadays.

still be interested for stone work though. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Reserved list (including anyone who expressed an interest earlier in the thread).

It looks like I need to up the order already.

If you want to add your name simply copy this post - add it on and post.

Same if you want off the list.

1. Impish
2. Sir Ramic
3. graythetiler
4. andy tiler
5. Tony73
6. poynton phil
7. AliGage
8. Alan.P
9. Wingn
10. cam_Low
11. rainsco
12. Houston
13. CJ

C

Concrete guy

You're both good.

I'll try to get these in Saturday mornings post so fingers crossed you have them Monday.

Please post how you get on on here, good or bad - there's no such thing as bad feedback, we like to call it constructive criticism! Although I've tested these I may have missed something that's obvious to you but I may never had thought of.

The third I'm sending to the guy who gave me this idea to start with - who is a member of this forum - He can out himself if he wishes!

I'll have more available I hope within a week, as soon as the new washers arrive I'll post that more are ready to go.

In the meantime Gary and Tony have chosen to be the crash test dummies!

Thanks guys.

C

Concrete guy

Pictures as promised.

Firstly, this is what happens if you use it on a grinder or at full speed on a polisher on Porcelain. So you can see, I can't recommend high speed use for this reason.

P1050920_zps0f16380c.jpg

Same porcelain tile - but using the cutter at 2000 rpm dry:-

P1050915_zpsb85d6486.jpg

C

Concrete guy

Marble and quartz was just lovely to cut, smooth and easy. This is a piece of 10mm Rosa Aurora (AKA Estremoz) from Portugal.

This was dry and slowish, around 3000rpm, but you just didn't need to be any faster. It cut quick enough and was quite controlable.

However, this was a smaller washer that simply wouldn't work on Porcelain, so the next size up cuts slightly shorter than this by 0.5mm. Not a great deal - but it meant it worked on stone and Porcelain. As what we're looking for here is a one size fits all solution we have to go with the Porcelain Specification.

It will still work beautifully on all stone though.

P1050911_zps6dbe06fb.jpg

P1050897_zpsc1424268.jpg

P1050901_zps6cd18f7d.jpg

C

Concrete guy

Granite, the only bit I had knocking around was 10mm Blue Pearl sample, which wouldn't be my first choice for mitering dry! But it's certainly a good test.

I struggled to photograph this but these are the best two images I got.

This is the one time I would recommend wet cutting. A granite of this nature with such a coarse grain really benefits from the extra lubrication and cooling it's given with water. On a tight grain like Absolute black I think this would be less of an issue.

P1050909_zps3c20a694.jpg

P1050908_zps73375840.jpg

Reply to External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
C
    • Winner
Looking to do a few mitred external corners this week (600x300x9 porcelain). Practiced the cuts...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
I am currently doing a new build where the customer has bought some tiles from Porcelenasa...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.