UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

i cut all my mitres with a wet saw but i want to have a tool to refinish or do mitres on 120cm tiles.
on marmomacc i try this one:
GHINES - REDLINE - MARBLE AND STONE WORKING MACHINES

but i don´t know if grinding is suitable daily for porcelain gres. i think cutting is more economic.
but i want to test this. do you ship to germany?

I can ship to Germany.

I will post on this thread when the tools are ready. I will probably get 10 or so made to see if it's a viable tool and to see if people actually want to buy it.

Interesting link you provided to another tool that fixes to a grinder. Do you know how much the Easy Bevel costs?

Also how does it cut an external bevel? Do you have to cut with the tile upside down?

EDIT: I've watched the video and it's not quite the same thing, this is a bevel machine to put an arris on the edge of a surface. I'm creating a tool to cut a mitre to allow external mitred corners to be produced without having to go to the expense of a stone router.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rainsco

i think i m the (only?) market. i do a lot of mitres and most of the time with porcelain gres (feinsteinzeug). this is diffrent to the work of stone masons. a stone mason often works with marble and granit and sandstone but porcelaingres is diffrent. they often cut thru the material with bridge saws. thats diffrent to tiles because mostly we have to cut direktly on the edge. porcelaingres is very crisp too. i do´t know if a stone router can save and economic make mitres?
if you want to do a perfect edge to a 100cm long tile you have a problem with the most portable wet saws because the tiles are often not 100% flat and the blades or tiles drifting away. and often you need 46 or 47 degrees.
so i want a tool for the site to refinish. a tool that can perfekt calibrated and its save enouth.
and i want something to do 2.50 m long perfect mitres. i look at a portable wet saw with 300cm from kaufmann and the AccuGlide MiterMaster attachment for miter cuts - miter, miters, cut, granite, marble, stone, saw, rail, track
rail saw from accuglide. or a stone rooter. i have to test. i buy all and test it :)

C

Concrete guy

Factory drawings are back. I've ordered 10 to start us off to see how you guys like them.

We have the option to manufacture these in one of 3 grit levels.

Coarse - 40/50 grit (the image of the r10 tool above is 40/50).
Medium - 70/80
Fine - 140/180

As this isn't a finished edge that's seen we've decided to go with coarse which will give the fastest and long lasting tool of all three. We can always alter that with later production of we need to but we think it will provide the best tool for purpose.

mitre1.jpg

mitre2.jpg

The cost will be £68.15 + vat (£81.78) + P&P - I will ship international at cost if required.

We're likely to see these within the next 4 weeks.

If you have an interest in one of these first 10 then let me know and we'll earmark one for you.

I'll post images on this thread when they arrive.

C

Concrete guy

Reserved list (including anyone who expressed an interest earlier in the thread).

It looks like I need to up the order already.

If you want to add your name simply copy this post - add it on and post.

Same if you want off the list.

1. Impish
2. Sir Ramic
3. graythetiler
4. andy tiler
5. Tony73
6. poynton phil
7. AliGage
8. Alan.P
9. Wingn
10. cam_Low
11. rainsco

C

Concrete guy

^ very similar indeed but on the bullnose and radius tools I prefer to use a stainless steel guide. This mitre tool will have a plastic guide like the images above.

These are vacuum brazed diamond tools so will work wet or dry. Wet will last longer.

The big advantage of vacuum brazed is they don't lose their shape with wear and they don't drop diamonds, so it's ideal technology for this kind of tool that is creating a uniform shape.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Factory drawings are back. I've ordered 10 to start us off to see how you guys like them.

We have the option to manufacture these in one of 3 grit levels.

Coarse - 40/50 grit (the image of the r10 tool above is 40/50).
Medium - 70/80
Fine - 140/180

As this isn't a finished edge that's seen we've decided to go with coarse which will give the fastest and long lasting tool of all three. We can always alter that with later production of we need to but we think it will provide the best tool for purpose.

mitre1.jpg

mitre2.jpg

The cost will be £68.15 + vat (£81.78) + P&P - I will ship international at cost if required.

We're likely to see these within the next 4 weeks.

If you have an interest in one of these first 10 then let me know and we'll earmark one for you.

I'll post images on this thread when they arrive.
I'll take one :thumbsup:
. should i PM you? can i pay now ? :hurray:

C

Concrete guy

I'll take one :thumbsup:
. should i PM you? can i pay now ? :hurray:

We can organise all that when they get here Tony, your name is on the list so you have one of the first in reserved.

For lowish value items of this nature I'm not overly keen on taking money off people until I actually have the items sat in front of me.

If someone is ordering 500 off I want see some cash!

C

Concrete guy

Reserved list (including anyone who expressed an interest earlier in the thread).

It looks like I need to up the order already.

If you want to add your name simply copy this post - add it on and post.

Same if you want off the list.

1. Impish
2. Sir Ramic
3. graythetiler
4. andy tiler
5. Tony73
6. poynton phil
7. AliGage
8. Alan.P
9. Wingn
10. cam_Low
11. rainsco

Order list so far ^

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Perhaps I'm missing something here but the principle of both is broadly the same - a hand held tool for mitres.

Both look to be good options.
MITRE WIZZ IS ACTUAL ANGE GRINDER, in video clip they cut mitre , i believe on ceramic tile (wich is soft) . With mitre wizz you don't see what you are doing, does it fit on any angle grinder? etc. etc.etc. I just realy want to try this new tool :) , i think it has potential. It's only my opinion :thumbsup:

Surrey
MITRE WIZZ IS ACTUAL ANGE GRINDER, in video clip they cut mitre , i believe on ceramic tile (wich is soft) . With mitre wizz you don't see what you are doing, does it fit on any angle grinder? etc. etc.etc. I just realy want to try this new tool :) , i think it has potential. It's only my opinion :thumbsup:

This tool definitely has the potential to be better as I would think the cut itself would be better than a grinder blade cut, it appears that the cut itself would be obscured from view by the tool itself.

Is this new tool designed to be used dry with a grinder?

C

Concrete guy

This tool definitely has the potential to be better as I would think the cut itself would be better than a grinder blade cut, it appears that the cut itself would be obscured from view by the tool itself.

Is this new tool designed to be used dry with a grinder?

Yes it's designed for use on a grinder wet or dry (wet will extend tool life). The only thing I'm not absolutely sure on right now is the target cutting speed.

I've assumed it will be close to the marble bullnose tools we sell at under 4500. But I have a feeling that porcelain actually might benefit from high speed cutting/grinding so that may even open up the tool use more if were able to be used at say 10,000rpm on your average grinder.

I've come from a stone background so have a limited knowledge of profiling porcelain, but I will confirm target speed before the items are sent out.

R

rainsco

i have vacuum brazed drills for dry and wet use for a variable speed grinder. i prefer diamant drills in wet use but sometimes i don´t have my hole drilling machine by me. so the vacuum brazed works perfekt in marble and granit but on porcelain stoneware it works not smooth and if you don´t use it wet theres no long life. so i will try your tool, cause i can use it for natural stone by the way. but i personaly would prefer a big coating of diamant, only wet use and adjustable rings when shape is smaller.

in this video on 6.28min you see the bullnose tool on porcelain stoneware.
Lastre grande formato - Movimentazione e Taglio - - YouTube

Reply to External mitre profiling tool in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
C
    • Winner
Looking to do a few mitred external corners this week (600x300x9 porcelain). Practiced the cuts...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
Q
A customer asked me to lay a run of travertine window sill tiles with a half bullnose to match...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
I am currently doing a new build where the customer has bought some tiles from Porcelenasa...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.