Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Fancy that!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Hubby drives a R reg Mercedes, and the exhaust started blowing, so he takes it to Quick Fit who take a look and tell him he needs a new exhaust, £1500!!!! :yikes: :yikes:

Goes to the next fairly large garage, they take a look, much chin scratching, yep , you need a new exhaust, but they have way to supply cheaper, they can probably do it cheaper, just under £1000!!! :yikes:
Takes it to the little local garage, same distance but the other way, guy looks at it and says, nothing wrong with your exhaust, brackets front and rear partly rusted through, it's blowing from the resulting opened up seal at the engine end, bring it in, welds and fixes brackets, rejoins sealed end, all fine, £60!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

and some more... :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

U

user123

good on you G for looking around it's surprizing the opinions on the same job's, some go for ripp-off and some are just good tradesmen!! and you found the right one, now will you go back to him again???for future work's :thumbsup:

Wow, my first post in the new look forum...:lol: anyhow, Dave, I can't take the credit, hubby did it... but yes, we have used that single man garage operation before and will again, of course, but I think considering it was obviously something to do with the exhaust Howard just thought he'd pop into the local quickfit etc... not expecting such prices! Mad... I didn't really suspect either, I must admit, that the actual state of the exhaust would be lied about by experts... totally disgusted by that!!
23_29_111.gif

Not all of these big firms rip you off. I went into the quick fit in congleton the other week, a slow punture on the misses car, ended up being a faulty valve. The guy said these metal valves do leak after a while. He took all wheels off and changed all the valves to rubber ones, and didn't charge me a penny for it. But i know where you are coming from MG., as the only reason i went in there was because it was sunday, and they were the only ones open. But i will use them again.

Reply to Fancy that!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
Drilling a hole into a Belle bath. Fitting Victorian taps. Drill steel baths. Project fitting...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
"Your posts are farcical. You claim there is no need to tank plasterboard in a shower before...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Fancy that!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.