Discuss fast tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

that said , I have had some remarkable tilers working for me in the past and one such was a crazy yank who was following his lady partner round the world as she took on very well paid IT short contracts.
This guy had worked all over the world and didnt give a dam about the money he got in any country she had a contract in.
but he came to work for me on away jobs and his work rate was extra ordinary.I never saw him eat either .we fell out when he decided to leave a job in ireland to meet his girlfriend in middle of job and then pitched up in new york paris ceramics showroom pretending to be me and showing various overseee jobs as his own . what he did not realize was that showroom sales girl knew me from uk !!

T

The D

OK this is the floor from yesterday pleas feel free to point out the parts of the job where you would have used your superior attention to detail and finesse. I'm not sure i will be able to sleep tonight knowing that i have done the floor so fast that it makes other tilers feel inferior. and i think i may take it all back up and re lay it slower so i can feel like i have done a good job.

2014-05-28 13.43.06.jpg 2014-05-28 13.43.17.jpg 2014-05-28 13.43.23.jpg 2014-05-28 13.43.36.jpg 2014-05-28 13.43.43.jpg 2014-05-28 13.43.54.jpg 2014-05-28 13.44.23.jpg 2014-05-28 13.44.37.jpg 2014-05-28 13.44.41.jpg 2014-05-28 13.44.54.jpg 2014-05-28 14.27.10.jpg 2014-05-28 14.27.26.jpg 2014-05-28 15.07.55.jpg 2014-05-28 15.08.04.jpg 2014-05-28 15.08.25.jpg 2014-05-28 15.13.43.jpg 2014-05-28 15.13.48.jpg

i do not think i am that fast and i was not trying to go fast on this floor it was a comfortable pace for me to work at. i did not rush and i did not cut corners just to bang it down quick time but i am obversely faster than some on here does that make me fast or them slow?? You say meticulous i say slow. You say attention to detailed i say milking it. You say finesse i say swinging the led.

i actual do not give a hoot how fast or slow other tilers are but it gives me the hump when slow tilers slate other tilers based just on the fact they lay tiles faster than they do.

I

Ian

Your work looks spot on Deano, I don't think anyone has called you for being fast have they? I know for a fact that if I tried to do that much in a day, I'd **** it up somewhere and I reckon the reason is, because I have a short attention span, I find tiling to require quite a lot of concentration which means I have to stop every 90 mins or so to let my brain recover, sounds daft I know but, it's the same reason I don't work longer than 8 hours a day, I know I'd end up pulling something up the next day.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Floor looks lovely Deano, the only way I could have done it faster than you would be if i painted the floor white then just drew grout lines with a black pen...................thinking about it, you would have probably still beaten me, as I would have to wait for the paint to dry.

Are you sure you haven't just dry laid them! Only joking.

I would be over the moon to achieve such quality tiling in a day.

T

The D

it was me and a lad we had to scrape all the plaster snots of first then give it a sweep with a stiff brush then i got the cordless grinder with the cup grinding disc to take off high spots then tree goes with a soft brush and then two coats of primer. started at 7.30 prep done for 8.30 cup of coffee or two started tiling at 9.30 packed tools away 2.45
and was at home having a coffee with the wife at 3.45

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
it was me and a lad we had to scrape all the plaster snots of first then give it a sweep with a stiff brush then i got the cordless grinder with the cup grinding disc to take off high spots then tree goes with a soft brush and then two coats of primer. started at 7.30 prep done for 8.30 cup of coffee or two started tiling at 9.30 packed tools away 2.45
and was at home having a coffee with the wife at 3.45

Sod that, i go home at that time she would have me vacing up and polishing .
I will stick to my 4 oclock finishes, friday at 2 and weekends off :)

Also deano, say you charged £25 a m2 for it, i forgot how many m2 it was, but if its 30m2 thats £750 in a day.
You must be loaded

im with Deano on this one ,its not how long you are there, its what you do while your there,speed comes with experience and a lot of folk on here tend not to agree with them with the exp,i class myself as a good tiler and also pretty fast with it,not as fast as i used to be but thats down to age and now bad knees but ill try and hold my own with anybody ,the bloke i serve my time with used to give me a slap if i tried rushing things at first ,my speed was slowly built up it doesnt come overnight,and i make sure my customers are happy before i take payment

P

Peter

Good going Deano, nice clean work too.

i remember getting flamed on here before for saying that I laid 12m in an hour and a half. Not sure why, any tiler worth their salt would have done that particular job in the same time.

Hard to beat a good run. served my time doing a lot of shop floors of usually 500-3000m2 so from an early age never batted an eyelid to 120m going down in a shift. With NI rates being a good bit lower than the mainland, we can't really fanny about and need to get plenty of metres fixed. None of this five days for a bathroom and two days for a splash back carry on.

S

Stef

im with Deano on this one ,its not how long you are there, its what you do while your there,speed comes with experience and a lot of folk on here tend not to agree with them with the exp,i class myself as a good tiler and also pretty fast with it,not as fast as i used to be but thats down to age and now bad knees but ill try and hold my own with anybody ,the bloke i serve my time with used to give me a slap if i tried rushing things at first ,my speed was slowly built up it doesnt come overnight,and i make sure my customers are happy before i take payment

How much you slowed down Brian, 10/20%

Reply to fast tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are in the process of having a new kitchen fitted and as part of the job we included...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB