Discuss first day as a non smoker in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I am in my forties know mike and i can feel a big difference in my breathing , went to push a car for a lady in distress the other day, thought i was going to die , couldnt get my breath at all. youre doing a gud thing.

I'm 28 and as well as having chest pains right now (no joke, since this morning I've had a tight chest, probably the weather AND the smoking lark) I lose breath walking (not running) upstairs. My mrs is worried about me to be honest. I need to pack it in.

I smoked those dodgy ciggys for years and then found out some have iron filings, glass, sand, and other horrible things in them. I even snapped one once and found brown coloured filter in with the ciggys all chewed up like it'd gone through the same shredding and staining?!?! process!

I now smoke B&H lights, stops me coughing when I smoke but I still get a tight chest and loose breath way too easily.

With my old man having heart attack last year or year before (whenever it was - time fly's) I got really concerned around the time and was well up for it but the time passed and it's back to no caring much.

How are occupying yourself and your normal smoking time Mike? That's what I struggled with.

U

user123

I've thought I was ready a few times and done a couple of days tops mate. Hopefully you'll get past the third day when it's meant to become about 50% easier.

I spent £65 on nicorete smokes and patches and then got told you can get them FOC from the doctor! But only once, so one try, if you smoke again and go back they refuse you. Might be worth getting mate to help you on any tougher days.

Had a mate that quit, he said he just got up one day and didn't want one. I've been hoping for that day to come but the first thing I do after having no nicotine for 6-8 hours is light one up. Then have a brew, light another, stick the kettle on, light another, pour the brew, light another, and it goes on and on and on! lol

DAN!!! Your lifestyle is a mess, and cigarette is just a small stick of poison, why be hooked on that??? A stick of poison, who will make your life more miserable in the long run, and how much pleasure is there to be had from it?? Nuff all.

M

mikethetile

you can go back as many times as you need Dan

they are treating smoking as tobbacco addiction rather than a habit so you get councillors and allsorts now. apparantly mines called clive and hes going to ring me in the next few days to offer any support

they were telling us tonight that the revenue collected from the tobbacco industry more than covers the cost to the nhs which is why tobbacco hasnt been banned despite being as addictive as herion and just as harmfull

P

Prem Tiler

You may joke Dan but one of the best ways of stopping (and it is stopping not giving up because it is YOUR choice)is to find a focus in something else. Ok I didn't start training because I'd stopped smoking I have always worked out since I needed to put on half a stone to get in the Army. But when you have a focus like running, Weight training anything like that it really helpss.

I found the 1st day the hardest. From the day I started at 15 I didn't go a day without one. I stopped to get through my military training then started again as soon as I passed aged 17. :(

I then gave up again at 23 after the mrs told me her of the cancer sticks.

S

Stewart

I'm 28 and as well as having chest pains right now (no joke, since this morning I've had a tight chest, probably the weather AND the smoking lark) I lose breath walking (not running) upstairs. My mrs is worried about me to be honest. I need to pack it in.

I smoked those dodgy ciggys for years and then found out some have iron filings, glass, sand, and other horrible things in them. I even snapped one once and found brown coloured filter in with the ciggys all chewed up like it'd gone through the same shredding and staining?!?! process!

I now smoke B&H lights, stops me coughing when I smoke but I still get a tight chest and loose breath way too easily.

With my old man having heart attack last year or year before (whenever it was - time fly's) I got really concerned around the time and was well up for it but the time passed and it's back to no caring much.

How are occupying yourself and your normal smoking time Mike? That's what I struggled with.

And you still smoke?

I watched my dad die of lung cancer at the age of 41 and I was 15. He was 6' 4" 17 stone and built like a house, and within 9 months I was able to lift him into bed from his chair as he only weighed 7.

Smoking is a mugs game, so give it up!

Sent using Tapatalk.....

P

Prem Tiler

I am thinking of taking up running sometime

Do it I promise you it will hurt like hell! To start with your chest will kill, Your blood wont get around your body well due to poor cirulation so you will feel weak. But in time the feeling you get is so amazing you will wish you had started sooner. The rough dont last long, 2-3 weeks and you will breath cleanly. Just start out slow!! walk for 4 mins jog for 3 mins walk for 4 jog for 3 etc. Don't go out for longer than 28 mins 1st time.

Some folk who don't exercise say its all over rated but I'm truly addicted to the rush you get from using my body as god intended.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
And you still smoke?

I watched my dad die of lung cancer at the age of 41 and I was 15. He was 6' 4" 17 stone and built like a house, and within 9 months I was able to lift him into bed from his chair as he only weighed 7.

Smoking is a mugs game, so give it up!

Sent using Tapatalk.....

Unfortunately yeah mate. Though I will keep trying and hope one day as Mike says, I'll want to do it.

Reply to first day as a non smoker in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
first day as a non smoker
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.