Discuss Floor tiles lifting after laying. Please help in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I would be looking at that floor first, It sounds suspect to me, go over it with a fine toothcomb and make sure their is no bounce at all, you must use the correct addy, do you know a tiler that could give you some info by looking at it for you, you have wasted money already on addy already, if your definately not getting a pro in to do it then a few quid as a tip for a bit of knowledge seems a small price to pay to get you on your way ( i'm a poet )

:20: :20: :20: :20:

S

smurf21

Bal flex is not rapid setting adhesive and is absolutly fine for timber floors though it is recommended that a primer is NOT used prior to fixing, if you want a faster set then bal rapid flex is the way to go but it does not have to be rapid setting for timber floors just flexi. :thumbsup:

But if you can see the floor flexing when you press on the trowel then you have a deflection problem with the boarding which will need sorting first.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Floor tiles lifting after laying. Please help in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB