Discuss Gap between Tiles and the edge of the room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MrT

Hi

I have had some tiling done in my kitchen and I would like some advice.

A tile laser level wasn't used, meaning where the tiles meet the edge of the room, there is a gap. I think this will look stupid.

The guy doing the work has suggested chiselling into the plaster and using a finely cut tile to mask the problem.

I have thought about making the tiles slightly bigger by wet cutting some spare tiles and then attaching them to the existing tile to cover the gap. By blending the two together, you won't see the mistake I am hoping.

Any advice appreciated. I have attached a video.

Cheers

Mr T

Hi

It’s a sloppy mistake but these things can happen, they shouldn’t but they do unfortunately!

I see a couple of options but others may have more.!

-You could slightly kick your skirting at the bottom and cover the remaining gap with a neat mastic bead.

- you could ask your tiler to slightly reduce the size of the last full tile and re-polish the edge , this would allow a bigger cut to the skirting.

-you could rip it up and start again.!

It’s your shout as it’s your floor but I’m sure with some clever carpentry and a mastic joint from someone capable it’ll look fine.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Has nothing to do with using a laser, it's just bad setting out, when I was learning to tile many moons ago, I was taught to never fit your first tile till you know where your last one is going !!
Anyway it looks like a full tile...?
So you can either put a slither in which would look pants or pack the Skirting out, make it look like a box type thing..

Reply to Gap between Tiles and the edge of the room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB