Discuss Gap between Tiles and the edge of the room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

GoneGuy

If your going to use a scotia trim I would recommend getting a pvc one in white as it will blend in with the skirting and easy to wipe clean

E0ABD258-DCD1-4F64-8D37-97DBBDD5F852.jpeg

J

Just Rizzle

Lot of good work previously done for me.

Room completely empty, so thought it was relatively simplistic job. But hasn't turned out to be.

The advice above has been very thorough, and as a first time poster it is appreciated.

Next time I come to tile, I will attend a course and do it myself.
its practice thats makes perfect your guy may be hasent had enough practice.
try a course then you see its not easy what we guys do day in day out did you see any of this guys work earlier?

M

MrT

its practice thats makes perfect your guy may be hasent had enough practice.
try a course then you see its not easy what we guys do day in day out did you see any of this guys work earlier?

Yes Ray, his other work was good.

Issue has been created by not starting in the centre of the room. He layed the first tile in the top left corner.

Then as that wall is slightly bowed, it has caused the tile line to be off.

Will either use scotia beading or a thick skirting board.

Need to cover 40mm where it is at its worse.

Luckily the area in will be most out is covered by kitchen units.

M

MrT

Your a very forgiving client!

Any tradesman worth his salt would rectify at his own cost.!
Hopefully you end up with a job your happy with at the end of it all

I have done lots of work myself and worked a lot with our builder.

I am a realist, and appreciate mistakes happen.

Better to work out a way to fix, rather than bringing in someone new.

M

MrT

Erm.
Don’t want to pee on your chips but the floor should have a movement joint between the 2 substrates!
It looks from the pic that the full tile is close to the edge of the matting.
Your tiler may have this in hand but I would recommend a cold joint (silicone instead of grout) down that whole join!!

Thanks Wolfie.

Which cold joint silicone do you recommend? My grout is in gunmetal, so I hopefully will be able to get a matching colour.

M

MrT

Take some tiles down the tile shop where you got them with the measurements explain your predicament and I'm sure they will find a friendly tiler who will cut them when he has his cutter out on a job . I know I would no problem . As I said before the dimensions without skirting would Be an easy cut . Mountains and molehills spring to mind

Cheers fella. I got a wet cutter and have sorted it out. Will cover the gap with skirting and scotia beading.

Now just trying to work out how to do the cold joint silicone.

Reply to Gap between Tiles and the edge of the room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB