Discuss Good Water resistant thick bed floor adhesive in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sam2494

*what does this actually mean... what has waste land got to do with it... soluble salts are in the water in the entire water table throughout the UK, off into the sea and over into the rest of the world... the efflorescence is not caused by salts in the ground water its caused by evaporation of moisture from the surface of the grout which leaves behind calcium, magnesium and sodium carbonate (depending on the makeup of the background materials) on the surface of the floor. This appears as white chrystals. It is nowt to do with ground borne moisture... if it was how do you think efflorescence appears on brickwork at the forth story of a new house...

** A systm of control of moisture in buildings is a requirement of part C of the building regulations. It is usually achieved in ground borne floor slabs by means of a polythene DPM. Tiling or no tiling is completely irrelevant.

I meant to say "Marshland" sorry, if the property is in an area surrounded by a lot of marshland then naturally there is going to excessive amount of moisture in the ground. Which then would lead to more than usual moisture coming up through the floor slab, making its way through grout joints and then there would be large amounts of moisture to evaporate which would lead to essofflerecent.

I understand that essofflerecent isn't caused by ground moisture as like you say take brickwork for instance, that's caused from any water on the Surface evaporating and reacting to cause essofflerecent.

Yes I know that an integral polythene DPM is what stops rising damp entering a floor slab, an epoxy just creates a barrier to stop it coming through onto the surface of the slab.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Good Water resistant thick bed floor adhesive in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D

Tile Adhesive Trending Topics

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB