UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Help Ocd Customer From Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JIMBOB187

Just a quick thank you to the guys and girl that dropped me an email with an offer of putting pen to paper for me, greatly appreciated, pat yourselves on the back, all these people on the site and your where the only four that offered so well done I really appreciate it and so does my family. Thanks again, if you ever need any help and think I can, then just ask.
----
Thanks to the fifth person that just offered to help, greatly appreciated. To save any new readers the chore of reading the whole thread I am asking for people to put a letter together stating that the condition of the substrate can greatly effect the finished look of wall and floor tiles, obvious to us but when in court you have to evidence the obvious, unless the judge is a tiler of course(unlikely), anyone interested in helping pm me and I will forward some pics. Have a good week all.

Just a quick update the customer has got a local tiler who would like to see me closed down to quote for what he calls sub standard work even though he hasn't seen the substrate beforehand, I have two letters from members here and hopefully more on the way, it's just a simple letter people but it will strengthen my case alot and thanks for the ones I already have(Great letter Mark, great). :thumbsup:

S

sibs

Just a quick update the customer has got a local tiler who would like to see me closed down to quote for what he calls sub standard work even though he hasn't seen the substrate beforehand, I have two letters from members here and hopefully more on the way, it's just a simple letter people but it will strengthen my case alot and thanks for the ones I already have(Great letter Mark, great). :thumbsup:

Mine's on the way jimbob... should be with you tomorrow. Hope it helps:thumbsup:

S

SnipSnap

Sory to read of your trouble. I understand what you are going through.
On the 2nd of this month I lost a job that was agreed to be started, with corrispondence starting last November (to make sure I would have been free), only to find out (the night before) that the ******* got someone else to do the work. I am now considering legal action myself.

Trading standards will tell you that the work will need to be of REASONABLE QUALITY and the BS standards are far over the rasonable quality. I have not seen the photos but think (from what I have read) that you should have no problem through the small claim court.

I was helping a friend of mine (support) when a court jujdment was delivered for some plumbing dispute and I can tell you that the customer did not win because of the "reasonable quality" let me know if I can help.

J

JIMBOB187

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurraySIZE=5]I won every penny I was owed, and costs and a days labour, I feel completely vindicated and releived. The judge was completely on my side and the other old bugger was completely at a loss for words when I won, he though he was so clever, smuggy smugson.

A big thank you to everyone that helped me with letters it really helped to have professional opinions as all he had was a character reference, so a big, big thank you from me and my family.:thumbsup:

Reply to Help Ocd Customer From Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.