Discuss Hi Guys Mitring Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

got one of these but never gone on with it
wp_ss_20160420_0001.png

S

Spud

got one of these but never gone on with it
View attachment 81132
Take for ever to mitre a porcelain tile with one of those Julian, I prefer to hand cut with a diamond blade and finish with a polisher but thought finishing with one of those mitring profile wheels might work but every time I tried the wheel chipped the mitre edge or scored/ burned the edge of the tile

J

J Sid

Take for ever to mitre a porcelain tile with one of those Julian, I prefer to hand cut with a diamond blade and finish with a polisher but thought finishing with one of those mitring profile wheels might work but every time I tried the wheel chipped the mitre edge or scored/ burned the edge of the tile
yes it was a waste if money :(

I see many use a sponge with the blade, never found I need this on 'normal' tiles, is it essential on thin tiles to stop over heating and chipping?

O

Old Mod

Im mitring the tile at the end of the tile ,the porcelain is expensive ,but very chippy ,even if mitre anywhere on the tile the same ,about 4 or 5 guys all the same ,hope i explained enough marc ,cheers
Yeah kinda haha
Still not sure how they're chipping.
U shouldn't be that close to the face, first u undercut along the edge to about 2-3mm away from face, then polish the final bit off , so that u stop a mm from the face. No chips.

Reply to Hi Guys Mitring Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB