Guest viewing is limited

Discuss how lucky are we liveing in the UK!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
i live in gloucester and 3 years ago in 2007 it rained and rained and rained infact it rained so much most of the county was complete flooded.

the river severn rose so much it flooded the myth water treatment plant that supplies all of gloucester and the surrounding area.

our water was cut off for 7 days, no water what so ever, free bottled water was dished out to drink and water bowsers were were placed at the end of the road to use for washing and flushing the toilet.

the main electric sub station come with in an inch from being flooded, thanks to the efforts of the fire service and the army, if it would have gone down the whole of gloucester would have been evacuated.

no body died so it it wasn't anythink like packastan or china, just an inconveinance it did give us a bit of the dunkirk spirit for a week (checking on nabours, getting water for them, saveing water where possible).

on the plus side i was piled out with work after doing all the insurence jobs.:thumbsup:

Reply to how lucky are we liveing in the UK!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

W
Many tradesmen in many parts of the uk go home at night puzzling over something thats cropped up...
Replies
Views
Rob Z
R
J
IF YOUVE HAD A BAD CLIENT RECENTLY READ ABOUT THIS ONE . MAY MAKEYOU FEEL BETTER THEJOB FROM...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
C
WARNING!!! Waffle imminent I know I’ve banged on about it before but it really pays to talk to...
2 3
Replies
Views
Richard Edwards
R
H
How much to tile a Victorian style front path? I have a Victorian tiled front path (black red...
Replies
Views
spartan60
S
Check this out, had it in an email but ended up clicking the link and testing it out and it...
Replies
Views
tile55
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
how lucky are we liveing in the UK!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.