Discuss I dont have long to live..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

turnip

TF
Arms
On the opposite tack to nybors thread about elliot and lewis and their non-payment to a fixer, I have the following to share:

I have had two fixers (best mates) working on a site for me, one of whom has not completed his snags, and is now no longer working for me. He has had some but not all of his money withheld.
We are now completing his snags (with his agreement cos he couldnt be bothered or is just in physically incapable to get the work presentable) and the cost being charged against his withheld money.
In fact the amount of time needed will exceed what money I have withheld.
So I am out of pocket?

cue, several days worth of abusive and threatening texts and voicemail about how I owe him money! Plus a threatening text from his mate, about the "nasty" people they know.
Well I have heard it all before and I will hear it all again I guess.

I dont take kindly to being threatened, and the relevant actions have been taken (legal actions I must stress) but if any tiling contractors working in the Weymouth area happen to currently have 2 blokes from Plumstead/Woolwich area of South East London, you could no worse than to contact me. Full details will be forthcoming.

I would love to name names here. If there was a black list going round all the tiling contractors in the south then these two would be on it.

turnip

TF
Arms
Well I didnt come down in the last shower of rain, its a typical tactic from a certain breed of tiler who knows he's in the wrong but will protest that black is white, and when that dont work, the shouting starts. Had the same thing before a few years back, just part of the game, I dont take it too seriously (south london slaaggs giving it bigg south london talk), they have no brains unfortunately! I am not a "big" contractor either, but would happily share these fellows details to prevent the same situation happening to other contractors.

J

jamie B

Well I didnt come down in the last shower of rain, its a typical tactic from a certain breed of tiler who knows he's in the wrong but will protest that black is white, and when that dont work, the shouting starts. Had the same thing before a few years back, just part of the game, I dont take it too seriously (south london slaaggs giving it bigg south london talk), they have no brains unfortunately! I am not a "big" contractor either, but would happily share these fellows details to prevent the same situation happening to other contractors.

I worked for 3 years on a site in Thamesmead (near woolwich) and I totally know the sort of characters you're talking about Turnip!
The only thing to remember is that it's all mostly chestbeating talk..we had a run in with a local firm of subbies and a similar situation arose..although there was a lot of effing and jeffin it really amounted to nothing physical.
These types are usually shout first think later (if ever!)
The old adage is true..it's not the blokes who TELL you what they're gonna do you have to worry about..it's the one's who don't say a word!..I reckon you've got a few years left yet mate!
Stick to your guns, do it all by the book and the dead heads will drop away pretty quick I'm sure. Best of Luck!

Reply to I dont have long to live..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all, sensible opinions please. I have been working on a job for 3 days and work has come to...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
H
Hi there sorry i have not been here for some time. anyway have a problem took on a job for a...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm a building contractor based in South East London. A bathroom that we recently...
Replies
Views
S
priced a job for a builder at this mum's house ,he wanted a cash priced Deal and said it was...
Replies
Views
M
Hi im not sure if there if all ready one of these but i thought it would be a great idea to have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

turnip

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
I dont have long to live.....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.