Discuss Inaccurate tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

astute1

Just thought Id bring this up as a discussion topic, just to see if you guys are noticing the abundance of cheap/ badly sized tiles that have been arriving on the market of the last couple of years. A few years ago most tiles ( other than hand made ) were well shaped and accurate in there sizeing. Now it seems to be most are the opposite. It is becoming increasingly frustrating not to be able to hold a true vert and horizontal grout line. The clients are being suckered into buying bad sized tiles by the retail industry and then expecting us poor tilers to make them look great. For me it takes longer to lay them, constantly correcting with wedges and you end up with a less than desirable job, and make less money. Sorry a big moan.
Anyway Im thinking about placing some type of clause in my quotes and estimates. Is anyone else doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
:thumbsup:Ah yes those damn Homebase tiles, I know exactly what you mean, the borders were even worse, up to 3 mm but they been factory cut from a bigger tile.

On this job I got away with it but had the customer been a nasty peice of work (not that I work for that type anyway) they could have noticed the uneven grout lines and blamed me for sloppy work.

"Oh its the tiles is it?" :mad2:

Reply to Inaccurate tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

W
Hi guys, I need to do some tiling with 500mm tiles and I'm looking for a decent yet...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
In my kitchen I currently have a laminate floor which as been less than successful although it...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
A
forgive me if not in the right topic - please advise and i will re-post! Help Please! I have...
Replies
Views
K
Morning All. Thought I'd post some pictures of a job some friends of mine asked me to look at...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
D
Over the years we have been asked to meet a number of point of sale requests from retailers for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Inaccurate tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.