UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss is this a wind up... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
this is the kind of crap im having to deal with at the momment, this is a text that was sent to me yesterday...

hi andy. my name is tom and im after a quote to have my bathroom stripped and retiled asap.already got 4 quotes ranging from £348 to £567. job is in stonehouse. all materials are already purchased. if you want to veiw the bathroom i am home this evening and after 4:30 every evening this week. many thanks tom.

4 quotes and hes still not happy, nothing but time wasters...

allso do any of you price like that?.....i would of priced £350 or £570....which is why im thinking its a wind up...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd never respond by text. I'd call him and arrange to go see the job and start with the old sales speil as normal.

"Well the guy quoting £348 must be cutting corners, the guy £567 is nearer the price I think as you need to make sure time has been spent on this this and this. The setting out in here could go horribly wrong with that size tile so make sure whoever you have is spending the morning on the first day really getting it right" and do everything you can to put the bugger off the other quotes.

Dog eat dog.

I

Ian

On the basis he does business by text I'd just delete it and carry on. But I'm a misery, hate texting, have removed message centre number from my phone, not got time to stop whatever I'm doing to (1) work out what text speak means, lol, l8r, kmp (made that one up, kiss my plums) (2)and to press little buttons to reply, gets on my wotsits. Wonder how many others he's sent it to...

LOL, wot u bein so grumpy 4! Txt spk is the future, if u dnt use it u'll gt lft in the drk ages. Pmsl, rofl :lol:

P.S. I agree, text speak is for lazy people who can't spell :lol:

F

Fliselege

Bri, kmp. ;-) Not grumpy, I'm sneezy. Was always told off my my nippers mum for giving one word answers to texts so tried to get in the spirit of writing essays but it wasn't me, if I want something I will call whoever I think can help and get an answer straight away and I personally think that is the way forward. I don't mind getting texted something that doesn't need a reply but as everybody doesn't play by the same rules, I disabled it.

I

Ian

Bri, kmp. ;-) Not grumpy, I'm sneezy. Was always told off my my nippers mum for giving one word answers to texts so tried to get in the spirit of writing essays but it wasn't me, if I want something I will call whoever I think can help and get an answer straight away and I personally think that is the way forward. I don't mind getting texted something that doesn't need a reply but as everybody doesn't play by the same rules, I disabled it.

I agree, it takes about 10 minutes to have a text conversation, picking up the phone takes about 30 seconds (LOL!)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to is this a wind up... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
Hi guys, this is my first post on the tilers arms! one of my weaknesses is pricing jobs and...
Replies
Views
sjw450
S
hi all i would appreciate opinions on a job that i thought was going to be a nice bathroom to...
2 3
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
P
Priced up a job a couple of weeks ago the customer is doing up her inlaws bathroom. The Walls...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.