Discuss Is this illegal? I cant work out if its OK to install or not. Boosing orange signal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Re: Is this illegal? I cant work out if its OK to install or not. Boosing orange si

It's funny that I'm reading this now as my Mrs has just had Orange in at her works as the firm has changed their provider from O2 to Orange and they can't get signal in the building. So what did Orange do? Stick in a booster for them, FOC too (quite a few phones though to be fair). They didn't have to have a license and it wasn't questioned at all. The guys that came in and set it up do it daily all over the UK apparently.

I think you'd be okay. You'd just need to play dumb if anything ever come of it, the worst that could happen is you have to switch it off until they walk off the property again. IMO.

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Is this illegal? I cant work out if its OK to install or not. Boosing orange si

What I have done is fit a timer switch so that it goes off at 10.30pm and comes on at 7am so that at least I am only using it during day hours and the unit does draw 5watts so any power saving is a good thing !

Its making a hell of a difference to my business calls so I would hate to have to not use it.

D

Deleted member 9966

Richard

I think if you've got a genuine business requirement for it, and you've investigated the need for a licence, but found contradictory information about it, then you've done more than most people would have. Fitting the timer switch will show that you're only using it for business purposes and not intentionally trying to spy on anybody. If you went to a government body asking whether a licence was necessary, they'd more than likely say yes just to cover backsides.

See what happens with it.

D

Deleted member 1779

Richard

I think if you've got a genuine business requirement for it, and you've investigated the need for a licence, but found contradictory information about it, then you've done more than most people would have. Fitting the timer switch will show that you're only using it for business purposes and not intentionally trying to spy on anybody. If you went to a government body asking whether a licence was necessary, they'd more than likely say yes just to cover backsides.

See what happens with it.

Great summary of what we are trying to do and why we need it. Nice and neatly put!

Reply to Is this illegal? I cant work out if its OK to install or not. Boosing orange signal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Is this illegal? I cant work out if its OK to install or not. Boosing orange signal
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.