Discuss it pays to do it right in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

it pays to do every job properly as you never know whos watching

im doing an outside redecoration in a village ive never worked in before and so im totally unknown there, I got the job from a reccomendation

yesterday it was too wet so I spoke to my client and left the job till today

this morning the guy came out from the house opposite and introduced himself

hes retired but worked all his life in the paint industry developing paints, he has been watching me work and is impressed that all my prep was spot on and the finish is excellant

can he have my number as he wants his done next year and hes told me to use him as reference in the village as everyone knows him

what swung it was watching me turn up ,checking the job for moisture and then leaving

his pet hate is painters painting in unsuitable conditions as the job will likely fail

C

Colour Republic

Nice one Mike, they're the sort of customers you want to appeal to isn't mate.

The shame is that your actions could be viewed in two completely different ways. The guy had some knowledge and knew you wouldn't risk the finish, he also might of had a good idea that you were losing a days money. Sadly somebody else could have looked out the window and thought "it's not peeing it down, the lazy sod is off to the pub!"

If this guy is well known in the village then it speaks volums about you if he is willing to recommend you without you even doing any work for him. Sounds like a good contact:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

thanks Rob

Im fully aware of how it looks but its less damaging than to be seen painting in the wet

he sat in his front room and watched me sweep out the rain water goods, wash and dry the RWG, wash down and dry all the paintwork, rub down all paintwork, treat all bare wood and fill all imperfections. bring forward the paint

he stood with me this morning and looked at the job

I dont need to do his work before he will reccomend me

hes watched me do his neighbours from his armchair

Reply to it pays to do it right in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

hi peeps my boss was telling me hes giving me a pay rise this month,i asked how much and he...
Replies
Views
B
hi my name is barry im a painter and decorator ive been painting for 18yrs and fancy a wee...
Replies
Views
barry
B
E
Hey guys ... i have joined this on behalf of my hubby who has been a tiler for 25 years. He is...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
M
Hi im not sure if there if all ready one of these but i thought it would be a great idea to have...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all looking for some advice, been working for a company on and off for last 5 or 6 years...
2 3
Replies
Views
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
it pays to do it right
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.