Discuss pay day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi peeps

my boss was telling me hes giving me a pay rise this month,i asked how much and he mentioned 100 quid extra a month,ive been with him for 18 months and i can be left alone on most jobs apart from floors or bigger floors i should say.do you this is good or is he being a tight ***.100 quid a month aint much when you break it down,i dont know wat to asked for:yikes:

any advice would be good

thanks

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
if i offered one of my lads a pay rise and he put it on a forum that he was unhappy about it,i would would give him a pay decrease and tell him to have a bit more respect for the man who finds the work,prices the work,pays for materials,pays for van,diesel, insurance for van,insurance for employees ,employees tax,national ins,oh and pays the man every week while said employer sometimes has to wait months for money,just saying like ;)

K

KL Tiling

Personally I think you're lucky to have a job in the tiling industry (or any kind of construction for that matter) at the moment at all. Getting a payrise aswell is a massive bonus regardless of how much it is, even more so if your boss gave it to you without you asking for it. He is obviously conscious of how hard you are working and how good the quality of your work is. I'd take it as a huge compliment if I were you (and maybe buy the next round as a thank you).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pay day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
S
What is your expectation in terms of skills level and production from someone who has been...
Replies
Views
mattle40
M
R
well have been asked to test fixing to wet under floor heating pipe system with porcel thin so...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
me and the person who is against me had to get two separate expert witness's ,as he would not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

py rookie

Arms
TF
torquay,devon
Business Name
paul the tiler

Thread Information

Title
pay day
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.