Discuss Job Cancelled by text in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

Firstly let me apologise for this rant but i am absolutey steaming :mad2::mad2:.
i have been off for a couple of days to do my xmas shopping having finished my last work on tuesday and the next one was to start on Monday.

the next job was to take me thru until xmas.

The job itself was 120 sqm of marble to be layed in the kitchen thru hallway and living area
all of which was to be levlelled with slc, all skirting and door arcitraves removed and replaced (not by me ) even the bottom stair riser was being removed so it could sit onto the tile. Then the floors were to be overboarded with hardie backer to give the best possible tiling surface. All materials have been paid for by the customer but with my discount from my supplier (tiles bought elsewhere) and were delivered this morning to the customers house.

At 7pm tonight my phone buzzed to say that i had a text message, but as i was in the middle of wrapping my wifes present i left it until i had finished.....the text message read

"hello chris this is ******* from ***** close you were due to tile our living space starting on monday. We would like to inform you that after alot of discussion we have decided not to tile the downstairs living space. we would like to thank you for all of your efforts in supplying the materials needed.
thank you and merry xmas."

Well i am sure you can understand how i felt so i decided to ring them and discuss this
phone switched off.

I will be going round to the house tomorrow to see if i can discuss it with them but i dont hold out any hopes....i think that they have now got the materials and either do it themselves or find a cheaper quote.

so now i have no work until jan with not much hope of any coming in this close to xmas.

i have included a picture my daughter took right after i had read the text so you can see my expression.:yikes::yikes: 002.JPG

chris

Firstly let me apologise for this rant but i am absolutey steaming :mad2::mad2:.
i have been off for a couple of days to do my xmas shopping having finished my last work on tuesday and the next one was to start on Monday.
the next job was to take me thru until xmas.
The job itself was 120 sqm of marble to be layed in the kitchen thru hallway and living area
all of which was to be levlelled with slc, all skirting and door arcitraves removed and replaced (not by me ) even the bottom stair riser was being removed so it could sit onto the tile. Then the floors were to be overboarded with hardie backer to give the best possible tiling surface. All materials have been paid for by the customer but with my discount from my supplier (tiles bought elsewhere) and were delivered this morning to the customers house.
At 7pm tonight my phone buzzed to say that i had a text message, but as i was in the middle of wrapping my wifes present i left it until i had finished.....the text message read
"hello chris this is ******* from ***** close you were due to tile our living space starting on monday. We would like to inform you that after alot of discussion we have decided not to tile the downstairs living space. we would like to thank you for all of your efforts in supplying the materials needed.
thank you and merry xmas."
Well i am sure you can understand how i felt so i decided to ring them and discuss this
phone switched off.
I will be going round to the house tomorrow to see if i can discuss it with them but i dont hold out any hopes....i think that they have now got the materials and either do it themselves or find a cheaper quote.
so now i have no work until jan with not much hope of any coming in this close to xmas.
i have included a picture my daughter took right after i had read the text so you can see my expression.:yikes::yikes: View attachment 21090
chris
That is shocking mate - total cowardice from the customer:incazzato:

Surely they cannot be thinking of fixing that much marble themselves??:mad2:

They may have simply decided to pay you before Xmas would skint them and they are embarrassed to say - or am I clutching at straws there?

Reply to Job Cancelled by text in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Job Cancelled by text
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks