Discuss Job Cancelled by text in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Im disqusted, let me get this right youve done all the donkey work, the materials have been delivered, and they cancelled by text? Im furious for you, its the lowest of the low to text a man relying on work and dismiss him like a piece of rubbish. How dare they! get round there now, or better still on Monday, because if they have got someone else to do this work, they wont start today it will be on Monday, if there is someone else doing the work, then slap in an invoice for all the consultancy work and abortive costs.

Lynn

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
flaming idiot scumbags like this realy get to me..............i had the same last week, sent me a text to cancle a job this was on saturday and i was doing the job on the monday .

so on sunday evening i rang her from the home number .....no answer so i left a message saying i had lost my mobile and was just letting her know i would be there at 8am in the morning to start tiling, 5 mins later the home phone rings and i was able to tell her about how self employed people don't get paid when they don't work, and how i had turned work down to keep her job booked in...........made me feel better!

E

enduro

Send them a invoice for the loss of time etc. If they do not pay You need to write a document. Get a solicitor to draft it (it will need to be clear and ensure that you can get your money and specify how/when/why such a situation will arise - i.e. only at sale, because then he might never sell it.....).

Then you file it with the land registry as a class C(1) land charge IIRC. His mortgage company will be stroppy about this, but that's his problem. You may also want to ensure that you get your money before the mortagee, if possible. So they cant sell there house untill the charge has been lifted by you.

C

CJ CERAMICS

Im disqusted, let me get this right youve done all the donkey work, the materials have been delivered, and they cancelled by text? Im furious for you, its the lowest of the low to text a man relying on work and dismiss him like a piece of rubbish. How dare they! get round there now, or better still on Monday, because if they have got someone else to do this work, they wont start today it will be on Monday, if there is someone else doing the work, then slap in an invoice for all the consultancy work and abortive costs.

Lynn

I was planning to go round today to speak to them but my wife has said to cool down first....stay at home today have a coffee, go on the forum, watch a bit of tv.......oh and do the ironing and the beds need changing,dishwasher emptying etc etc.
what got me the most though lynn was the "merry xmas" on the end of the text.

chris

C

CJ CERAMICS

Just write them an invoice for the discount and hand it them.

thanks Sir
but do i have any legal redress as to the discount they recieved
no contract of works was drafted, they recieved my written quotation after inspection of job and accepted it verbally
the slc and hardie backer adhesives grouts silicone sealents etc were agreed upon after discussion as to the spec of job
and my discount was offered as way of a sweetener to ensure a reasonably priced quote.
chris

Reply to Job Cancelled by text in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Job Cancelled by text
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.