Discuss job today, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

well hopefully mate, im really getting the feeling there will be no money involved as it would of been in my hand today but tmoz will tell, I don't mind either way though lol. was really pleased with it but there were a couple of things I would of done better. but that can be done on the next job lol cheers

Thats a a shame ash... The experience at this stage is priceless tbh but was there an agreed sum of money to be exchanged for you doing this job between yourself and the shop owner?... You may have learned more than you think from this small job, money corrupts!!! Only do business with people who you trust, there are plenty of dodgy characters out there looking to take advantage, good luck mate!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Away from the forum explain a bit and Ash turns into a tiler!! lol

Looks good mate. Job well done.
If you get paid for it bonus. but the way i understood this was a free trial. When you discuss the next one(s) give a fixed price per bay based on how long it takes you.

Some good pictures for the start of a portfolio.
Do you think the store owner will let you put a couple of cards or an advert/poster in the bays you've done?

M

Mr Tiler

Thats a a shame ash... The experience at this stage is priceless tbh but was there an agreed sum of money to be exchanged for you doing this job between yourself and the shop owner?... You may have learned more than you think from this small job, money corrupts!!! Only do business with people who you trust, there are plenty of dodgy characters out there looking to take advantage, good luck mate!
well turned up there today buddy and had a chueqe waiting for me lol, I originally offered to tile all 5 bays for free in return for some work. then they told me if they like the first bay they will pay me for the rest and once this one was almost done they told me they were going to sort me out for the first bay lol. I do know what you mean and tbh I wouldn't of been bothered if I didn't get paid for doing this one as that was the arrangement but It probably would of turned into a slanging match if there was no money involved today as I cannot stand b.s especially when it comes down to money lol cheers

M

Mr Tiler

Away from the forum explain a bit and Ash turns into a tiler!! lol

Looks good mate. Job well done.
If you get paid for it bonus. but the way i understood this was a free trial. When you discuss the next one(s) give a fixed price per bay based on how long it takes you.

Some good pictures for the start of a portfolio.
Do you think the store owner will let you put a couple of cards or an advert/poster in the bays you've done?

I don't know ali that didn't even enter my mind dam!!!!!!!!! wish I would of suggested that now id rather do that then get paid for the bays lol

- - - Updated - - -

I may suggest a discounted rate on the bays and in return have a poster in each bay that I do.

C

charlie1

I don't know ali that didn't even enter my mind dam!!!!!!!!! wish I would of suggested that now id rather do that then get paid for the bays lol

- - - Updated - - -

I may suggest a discounted rate on the bays and in return have a poster in each bay that I do.

i see where Ali is coming from but if it was me, I'd take the money. The bottom line is, the manager will be recommending his favourites anyway. Supposing your getting paid 5-10 quid per m2 just now, I'd say that's good as the experience is priceless.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to job today, in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB