Discuss Knee pads, wear them ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Not enough of us take any ppe seriously.
I get as much kit, and invent as many methods that keep me off my knees in the first place.
Rollers on poles and fertiliser sprayers for priming and sealing, raimondi pedalo for grouting, scotch pad holders on poles etc for cleaning. Mechanics nitrile gloves for hand protection and a really powerful numatic vacuum cleaner so i'm not breathing in brushed up dust, or spreading it around the job.
Not to mention ear defenders, glasses and paint sprayers dust masks.
It all adds up, coming home deaf, having brown bogies and knackered knees has to take its toll at some point.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Not enough of us take any ppe seriously.
I get as much kit, and invent as many methods that keep me off my knees in the first place.
Rollers on poles and fertiliser sprayers for priming and sealing, raimondi pedalo for grouting, scotch pad holders on poles etc for cleaning. Mechanics nitrile gloves for hand protection and a really powerful numatic vacuum cleaner so i'm not breathing in brushed up dust, or spreading it around the job.
Not to mention ear defenders, glasses and paint sprayers dust masks.
It all adds up, coming home deaf, having brown bogies and knackered knees has to take its toll at some point.

I agree, when I did the big power vibro jobs, we only were on our knees for screeding / fixing. All the grouting ( 1,100 m2 per store) was done standing. Ergonomics:thumbsup:

F

Fliselege

My Mum has a sense of humour, is it printed there incase you forget or cos you're stupid she said... wondered what she wanted a permanent marker pen for, won't tell my daughter what it says, she's of the age of repeating innapropriate things at the wrong time.
Mums visit March 2012 120.jpg

A

adamunited

I wouldn't last 1 day without kneepads, Anyone using in-pocket kneepads, check out the proper Snickers floorlayers kneepads. They are a beanbag type kneepad and are very comfortable. They are more expensive but will outlast the cheaper pad many times over. I have a pair for over 2 years and they show no signs of squashing at all.

View attachment 22919

these are the ones i use too i think they are fantastic.

Reply to Knee pads, wear them ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there question re knee pads and rubi wheelie sit down thing( hopefully pic uploads ) I've...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Knee pads, wear them !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.