Discuss Large format slate 1200 x 900 on UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

lewie

TF
Seaton
Hi,

I've been asked to quote for over 200 m2 of large format slate 1200 x 900 on a concrete screed which has piped under floor heating. The largest area is 58m2. My thoughts would be to de-couple, expansion joints in largest area and between rooms and on perimeter. 15mm trowel and back butter individual tiles. But...

My customer is worried that the tiles may crack under expansion/contraction/movement and I agree that there's potential for this happening because of the very nature of slate.

Any advice/ideas ?

Lewie

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Large format slate 1200 x 900 on UFH in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hello everyone, we are in need of some sound advice on a dilemma we cant get 100% answers to, we...
Replies
Views
paul kitchen
P
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
S
Hi Everyone, Am hoping someone can help with some advice here. I have had 120sq mtrs of honed...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to buy a cutter so that I can snap 1200 lsqaure really hard porcelain tiles...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
Hi all, Pls can we have some advise for our up and coming project. We are thinking of using the...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB