Discuss Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

Another tool in a tilers tool kit is not going to make us all extinct, years of experience does not get replaced by a piece of plastic! If Joe Public buys them then good the more in demand , the more manufactured, the more the price comes down! If they disappeared tomorrow no big deal!
the tiles are evolving almost every year.
Sincerely after more than 30 years,
Only the basic rules remain.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
try them, is now
I would mate..... however I rearly fit anything above 600x600....... although plank tiles are popular now and the next job I get 800 or longer I will give them a go....

although I can't see the point of using them on every job for every tile ........ or do you use them for every floor you do ?

I

Italy

I would mate..... however I rearly fit anything above 600x600....... although plank tiles are popular now and the next job I get 800 or longer I will give them a go....

although I can't see the point of using them on every job for every tile ........ or do you use them for every floor you do ?
I use them on rectified tiles
Over 30x60.
normal tiles, depends on the tile and the subfloor.
but usually from 50x50 up, or planks from 20x80 up.
Not rectified.
ps. Here 80% of the substrates are sand and cement.
Self-leveling is hardly used, because usually, it is faster to use grinders
And lower the highest points. Otherwise the doors will no longer open.

I

Italy

John, you're asking too much for my English. :)
I try to explain, there are no doors when I start a job.
The entrance door of the house, has a stone slab,
And the tiles must respect that plan.
The inner doors, the ones that flow into the wall, have little room
in order to raise leveling the substrate.
Depends on how the counter-frame was fixed.
And then, just ask questions, I'm an apprentice
And I have to ask questions.
Ps. I will take photos at the first opportunity.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I can't see a problem with giving an itemised estimate of materials with prices, the total still ends up the same...
Long as I'm making profit on everything why is it so wrong?
Because if you tell them a bag of adhesive is £15 then they will get there own rubbish make cheaper and you have to explain why your not using there tub of fix 'n' grout crap they buy for £3.99....!!

S

Spare Tool

Because if you tell them a bag of adhesive is £15 then they will get there own rubbish make cheaper and you have to explain why your not using there tub of fix 'n' grout crap they buy for £3.99....!!
Not had that happen ever though Andy..
The price is still the same wether you break it down or not, infact I quite like justifying why the materials price is what it is

S

Spare Tool

I buy all my gear from a local independent shop, and I charge the customer a fair price for it, but if they go searching on line it comes up with all sorts of daft low prices, I've had that before even I can't supply for those online prices. You don't need to itemise every item, a joiner doesn't itemise his screws, I'm
Sure

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

I like the customer to know how much I'm spending on fixing materials just so they don't think I'm making a shred load of money every day. I had one customer who got his adhesive of off topps tile because my adhesive was to expensive until I told him he didn't have enough and I could supply at half the price . Obviously I only gave a price for adhesive and not how many bags in my quote .

Reply to Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB