Discuss LTP Grimex. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Anybody ever used this?

I've been to see a job and the customer asked me to tile over the most beautiful original Caithness black flagstones in their ensuite:yikes:

I've suggested trying to clean and restore the flags first as I expect them to come up really well - if the ensuite comes up OK, then he will possibly look to do the entire house as well.

The flags are grubby looking and have residues of cement, etc where he has removed stud walls that were fixed over them:prrr:

I'm looking just to strip/clean them back to the original stone and seal them to a gloss finish, using Ironwax Gloss and Floorshine once they are clean:thumbsup:

Just not sure how powerful Grimex is and possibly considering Power Stripper.

Reply to LTP Grimex. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
T
Hello, We’re on the home straight of our new kitchen being fitted, and the fitter has been...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
K
Hello, I am new to this site and seeking some advice on the tiling in our new bathroom. We are...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
LTP Grimex.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.