Discuss made a booboo but not able to fix - has anyone had same problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

booboo

:hurray: hello playmates. we have recently laid a stone flag floor in the new kitchen area which I sealed with Stone Guard (resin solvent sealer) once. this was just to get us past the grout stage so it wouldnt go into the riven edges and we could wipe it off. You can clearly see the ones that have been sealed and the ones that havent. we started grouting with brown grout by Bal. My hubby smeared the tops of the flags with sponge/grout whilst doing it and we have about 20 that have taken in the colour and wont release it. weve tried brick acid diluted then neat for an hour - nothing comes off it just picks little spots which turn orange but no major damage so far as ive been careful to test bits out of sight. tried scrubbing, bleach solution etc etc. its just not releasing the colour. im now sobbing. its year three of building and we are nearing the end of the project and the end of my nerves. im devastated and can only see lifting them or grinding them as an answer unless somebody has a remedy? please please dont do the should have and shouldnt have thing - been on the phone and had that aaaaalllllllll day. xx

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to made a booboo but not able to fix - has anyone had same problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Be the Best with BAL! The importance of correct training should never be underestimated. As the...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
D
Hi All, Having our bathroom tiled and fitted, we are 4 days in so far and its not looking...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
P
As a newbie to a Wet Room I have just inherited I am hoping you can help me. I have a 2/3 Bar...
Replies
Views
plug_it_in
P
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
made a booboo but not able to fix - has anyone had same problem?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.