Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Major gloat ;) - Dewalt Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Re: Major gloat ;)

Well finally it got used. Absolutely brilliant just about sums it up.
It got the whole site talking about it and everyone said how well made it looked, after using it to cut Porcelain 600x300 all day a quick clean and it looks great. Easier to clean than the Rubi.
Site agent very impressed with lack of spray, so was i....no water on my T Shirt at all :thumbsup:
Its handy as well the way it breaks down into 3 components...Cutter, tray and stand. This means it can fit in the back of the car easily...again better than the Rubi.
Cant wait to use it again but i guess 150x150 johnsons ceramics tomorrow may be overkill :lol:

T

TilerBhoy

Re: Major gloat ;)

It would depend on how big the "L" cut was and how far into the tile it was but yes i admit there could be issues at times. I am sure there would be a "work around" method.

I suppose you could flip the tile and cut from the back.
Not ideal, but it could work.

I think I'll stick with the traditional style. Purely because tiles are getting so big, this kind of scenario will happen more and more.

Nice cutter tho ;)

F

frankenfurter

some wet cutters nick the end of the tile off when at the end of the cut , any problems with the de wal

Only seemed to happen once the supplied blade was past it, after that was changed no problems. Great saw, not very impressed with the supplied porcelain blade, there are better blades out there.

Mine sprays water everywhere no matter how much I play with the flaps from behind :D

Could do with a better UK ruler rather than the US one, other than that it's crackin'

G

Gazzer

Only seemed to happen once the supplied blade was past it, after that was changed no problems. Great saw, not very impressed with the supplied porcelain blade, there are better blades out there.

Mine sprays water everywhere no matter how much I play with the flaps from behind :D

Could do with a better UK ruler rather than the US one, other than that it's crackin'

Agree with the ruler but everyone on site remarked how little spray there was.... even on the tray, and yes i was using plenty of water.

Reply to Major gloat ;) - Dewalt Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Major gloat ;) - Dewalt Tile Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%