UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Major Problem!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tedd

That is not the issue. We are trying to find out why they have cracked, I will have no issue in replacing the broken tiles at my cost, but the surveyor has recommended that the joists be replaced so exactly where does my responsibility lie, as all the tiles need to be ripped up and floorboards along with joists replaced, 25mm ply put down and retiled. The joiner is accepting no responsability so who is going to pay for the £3.5k of tiles/adhesive/labour?

T

Tedd

He has stated that he raised concerns at the beggining and reccomended that new joists be put in with herringbone struts???? and that I told him this was not necessary so therefore it is my fault. This conversation did not take place and he is just passing the buck, I am not a builder or structural engineer and would never give advice on something I know absolutely nothing about. I will contact the TTA as I am a bit stuck as to what to do next.

Y

young1066

the joiners arse is not covered he should use 18mm or plastic ply,he is responsable for the floor and not you,tiling is a finish,not a preporation,as long as you are happy there was no obvious bounce in the floor,your okay as for lack of adhesive in the corner of a tile,thats not an issue as long as you re-do it.legally he has to pay you,in the first instance he has to give you the oppertunity to put it right if he can prove your at fault,if he says he does not want you to put it right,then you both have to agree on someone indepedent to put it right at an agreed cost,then pay you the remainder of your invoice,if he does'nt he will automatically loose in a small claims court,any work to the floating floor is not your cost as this is considered as betterment,in the last 6 years i have taken 3 people to court and won on this basis,i have just issued a summons today against a greek restaraunt who bumped me for £1,905 of which £1,140 is materials,its always people in business that seem to do it,domestic always pay,stand your ground

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Major Problem!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Has anyone done any work like this? We are having a pvc door removed between dining and utility...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, we have recently had some carpet fitters in who have done a great job but have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.