Discuss Making a customer cry!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I have been working on a job the last couple of weeks for a builder mate of mine a £500,000 country house refurb. 4 bathrooms 50sqm kitchen, 30sqm utility...The customers husband is a real hard business man, he buys and sells shopping precints all around the world. We have not seen him on site for two weeks as he has been away. We have all been working like mad to get finished as they are moving in next Wednesday...We are all pretty much finished (except plumber...GRRR) Well the customers husband turned up on site yesterday had a walk round called us all together...OH DEAR we all thought..Well this guy got so emotional..Thanking as all for the high standard of workmanship and he started crying.
That makes the 6.30 am starts and the late finishes all worth it (plus the big cheque) Good end to the week. :thumbsup:

S

Stewart

Has happened to me a few times, and i find it quite embarrassing........ Kinda makes you realise why you do the job though. To us it can seem like yet another tiling job and we've usually done it a million times before, but to the customer, it's their home, and when it all goes well and you transform it for them, i guess it can get emotional.
The big cheque at the end of it though, is the sweetest part.:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Good work Enduro.

The only time its happened for us was on a 'Better Homes' programme in 1999.
George Bond was the designer and when Carol of the Voderman showed the lady the rooms she cried/snorted at the same time! It had to be edited from the viewers but she was definitely happy.
Again hard work (all night 1 night) but our house won the challenge and we got 12 months advertising in the Yellow Pages on the back of it.

C

Colour Republic

I have been working on a job the last couple of weeks for a builder mate of mine a £500,000 country house refurb. 4 bathrooms 50sqm kitchen, 30sqm utility...The customers husband is a real hard business man, he buys and sells shopping precints all around the world. We have not seen him on site for two weeks as he has been away. We have all been working like mad to get finished as they are moving in next Wednesday...We are all pretty much finished (except plumber...GRRR) Well the customers husband turned up on site yesterday had a walk round called us all together...OH DEAR we all thought..Well this guy got so emotional..Thanking as all for the high standard of workmanship and he started crying.
That makes the 6.30 am starts and the late finishes all worth it (plus the big cheque) Good end to the week. :thumbsup:

hmmm seems a bit fishy to me, when was the last time you saw the wife? you sure you haven't just tiled over her and now he knows he's got away with it?

It does give you a buzz when you know they value all the attention to detail and hard work you've but in

U

user123

I've had plenty of very happy customers but haven't had one cry on me....though the other day I did get a jar of home made marmalade ......I don't like marmalade

That's because you're in Scotland - a sharper more business like mind up there... we do T'ai Chi courses up there, and once we shared the kitchen with women who met in another room of the community centre, a coffee morning type thing, and I was so impressed with their conversations.. these late middle age women talking about finance and investment and savings and banking... in the kitchen while preparing the plates of biscuits etc!! Amazing, no talk about soap operas and such like... our association teachers, too, incredibly efficient, get things done... wouldn't be the cryig types, none of them, even though you can tell when they are really happy... so marmelade is good!! :thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

That's because you're in Scotland - a sharper more business like mind up there... we do T'ai Chi courses up there, and once we shared the kitchen with women who met in another room of the community centre, a coffee morning type thing, and I was so impressed with their conversations.. these late middle age women talking about finance and investment and savings and banking... in the kitchen while preparing the plates of biscuits etc!! Amazing, no talk about soap operas and such like... our association teachers, too, incredibly efficient, get things done... wouldn't be the cryig types, none of them, even though you can tell when they are really happy... so marmelade is good!! :thumbsup:

The customer is a retired music teacher.......................originally from Dorset :lol:

Reply to Making a customer cry!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views
T
Hi all! Late last year I decided I wanted a new bathroom installed. I spent a few weeks...
Replies
Views
trayjord
T
What the customer said: Sean: You do not have enough tiles to complete the job. Cust: Thank God...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
M
I've been tiling for 12 years now never really had problems with customers till now! started...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Making a customer cry!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.