Guest viewing is limited

Discuss mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pursedog

hi guys,

i'm currently working on a hi-spec house in mayfair and the client wants all joints to be mitre joints.
the tiles are marble and are 600x300. my current cutter is not up to the job as it is too small and the resulting cuts are hit and miss.

need to speak to the site manager tomorrow so he can get something over which is able to deliver a perfect cut.

any advice on what i should be using?

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I would advise the Rubi DS-230-LPS on our web site

It has micro adjustment on the back of the table to alter the square of the mitre - saves a lot of frustration. Nice solid machine - avoids excess chipping etc

Is a bit pricy though

last one on the list: TradeTiler.Ltd Wet Saws

:whatchutalkingabout FFS your not kidding

You also have to be built like Fatima Whitbread to lift the F%*$ing thing out of ya van :grin::grin:

D

David - Tradetiler

for mitres it is so much better than a DW type Rubi

"hi-spec house in mayfair"... Might be enough money in it to get the proper tools to get the proper results

One trick I have seen to lessen the weight is undo the two main overhead swing pivot bolts, take off the whole rail/motor part then take off the table from bed. You then have a cutter in easy to move pieces. Takes about 5 mins to undo/redo

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MICK the Tiler

Why is that PJ? is it because it is too brittle?

To answer your question Charlie although Pj will have his own thoughts, Marble is soft yet dense and can indeed be mitered and in fact can be shaped into anything you like if you are skilled enough (Look at the statue of David), the problem arises where the very fine edge near the end of the miter, it will look great for a while, but bathrooms are useable spaces where things get bumped and knocked and eventually the edge will chip over time. Unlike the statue of David where one looks but does not touch.

A well constructed butt joint polished up will look better for alot longer.

Reply to mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
R
hallo, in my winter holidays i thinked a lot about tony. :-) i do mitres in most of my jobs...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
rainsco
R
O
Hi all, My first post here, so apologies for any errors in terminology that...
Replies
Views
ojtiler
O
O
Hi guys, Good forum. Been reading all the advice given. I've been installing a number of...
Replies
Views
outcycling
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
mitre joints on marble?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

• Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Wedi

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Benfer

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Tilemaster

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Weber

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Other (any other brand not listed)

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Nicobond

• Norcros

Votes: 3 3.4%

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.