Guest viewing is limited

Discuss mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingLogistics

seriously ****ed off.
the sima perla machine is hard work and not only produces a bad cut but is very messy.
someone please say something nice about my new expensive purchase.

also the polish has been mentioned, and the guy i'm doing the job for has told me that if i let him know wat is needed he'll order it in.
so what do i need?

What do you mean exactly?

Kev

B

Branty

seriously ****ed off.
the sima perla machine is hard work and not only produces a bad cut but is very messy.
someone please say something nice about my new expensive purchase.

also the polish has been mentioned, and the guy i'm doing the job for has told me that if i let him know wat is needed he'll order it in.
so what do i need?
It's a nice colour.

A

Alberta Stone

What do you mean by "the polish"?

I mentioned polishing the edges using diamond scuff pads.
Any granite fabrication shop will know what those are, small sponge pucks about 3" X 4" which have a sheet of diamond sandpaper attached on one side.
They start at about 50 grit and go to about 1200 grit.

get a real coarse 50, then 100, 200 and 400 and that should serve really well. They are about $12 - $15 per puck.

B

bal

wat pads and resin shall i use?
Hi pursedog my wet cutter is the same as yours and ive been mitreing stone for at least 6 years now with the perla aswell if you look at my album youll see some mitreing ive done , to finish the mitre i have used a mastice the make of product is JOLLY vertcal gold , you also need to buy an hardener and mix the two together , most places that sell stone will sell it. If you need any more info contact me tommorrow.

Reply to mitre joints on marble? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
R
hallo, in my winter holidays i thinked a lot about tony. :-) i do mitres in most of my jobs...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
rainsco
R
O
Hi all, My first post here, so apologies for any errors in terminology that...
Replies
Views
ojtiler
O
O
Hi guys, Good forum. Been reading all the advice given. I've been installing a number of...
Replies
Views
outcycling
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
mitre joints on marble?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

• Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Wedi

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Benfer

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Tilemaster

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Weber

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Other (any other brand not listed)

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Nicobond

• Norcros

Votes: 3 3.4%

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.