UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Moleanos Tiles Looking Stained afterfitting 6 weeks ago in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ronron

Thanks Jonny, I am begining to suspect after all the feedback that the wrong adhesive has been used and when a tile was taken off you could clearly see that where the adhesive was dabbed on the tile, then the surface of the tile had the dark circle stain and where the tile was not in contact with the adhesive the stone was not stained. Hope to get some feedback this week on what the experts say.....

Does anybody know how i can find out the perosity of Moleanos white tiles?

Ron

J

jonnyc

Ron
if you can find out what company supplied the stone to your builder,they should have a copy of tests done on stone by quarry.
moleanos can vary considerably in quality and in some cases porosity,so you need a specific answer for your particular stone if that is what you want.
i don't think that the porosity is really an issue on wall if it is sealed adequately.i don't even think the staining is a problem. I have seen this so many times and got rid of it with wexa.it is only a stone soap cleaner and can't damage stone.
the fact that it was fixed with non rapid is not against any regulation I think and does not mean they will fall off or fail. It has simply given you a staining problem.who are the experts you are referring to. Is that people on this forum or are y ou getting an independent party in to assess problem.
If I have a dispute I get the stone federation in.they charge to write a report and will give an informed and professional appraisal,but I think you will be wasting your money.
ii don't think this is much of a problem as you think.by all means call if you like
t

R

ronron

Hi Jonny, How are you, the builder has cleaned the tiles and a lot of the stains have been removed but there are still some stains on the edges, any ideas on how to remove these? Stains on tile edge.jpg

J

jonnyc

think it needs a bit more elbow work on cleaning front.
massive difference to what tiles looked like before.they are getting there and i think its only a matter of more labour needed
as to tile joint offset, i guess its each to your own taste.( as the french say quite eloquently i think : chacun a son gout .this does not mean that is a correct way just the best way you see it!!
i would normally offset by min 100mm, and if you start to get a stepping effect you simply set the next course joint more than 60% over centre line joint of previous tile . this reverses the step jointing in other direction. but this is not why you posted, hence i have not brought this up.
nybor is right in his observation.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Moleanos Tiles Looking Stained afterfitting 6 weeks ago in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.