Guest viewing is limited

Discuss My Bad day with Garage ceiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I cant beleive he thought that was a good job!!!

In all seriousness, I could have done a better job by randomly tossing boards in the air, then shooting at them with a nail gun from 4 foot away thus randomly pinning them to the ceiling, whilst wearing a blindfold.

Are you sure he didnt get confused and wander into the neighbours garage thinking he'd actually done their ceiling, he cant have been looking at that when he said it was a good job.

If he's a plasterer, he must be able to fix boards, and unless your garage is made from a bamboo garden cane frame, tied together with string then it should be able to take the weight of plasterboards.

Hope you get it sorted

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

U

user123

He's not a plasterer, he is a joiner...:yikes: plastering self taught.... but the wall is good, good woodwork, good plasterboarding good plastering - I have no idea what kind of wobbly his brain threw about the ceiling. BUT I will just hope and pray now and endeavour to cover all the walls and floor with as many dustsheets as I can find, because last time there was plaster EVERYwhere... just wish me luck... don't even know when he's coming yet... this could have all been done by now.... :thumbsdown:

U

user123

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I cant beleive he thought that was a good job!!!

In all seriousness, I could have done a better job by randomly tossing boards in the air, then shooting at them with a nail gun from 4 foot away thus randomly pinning them to the ceiling, whilst wearing a blindfold.

Are you sure he didnt get confused and wander into the neighbours garage thinking he'd actually done their ceiling, he cant have been looking at that when he said it was a good job.

If he's a plasterer, he must be able to fix boards, and unless your garage is made from a bamboo garden cane frame, tied together with string then it should be able to take the weight of plasterboards.

Hope you get it sorted

That's really funny.. :lol: :lol: :lol:..

and thanks to Dave for moving this thread to a safer place... :kiss:

J

jay

He's not a plasterer, he is a joiner...:yikes: plastering self taught.... but the wall is good, good woodwork, good plasterboarding good plastering - I have no idea what kind of wobbly his brain threw about the ceiling. BUT I will just hope and pray now and endeavour to cover all the walls and floor with as many dustsheets as I can find, because last time there was plaster EVERYwhere... just wish me luck... don't even know when he's coming yet... this could have all been done by now.... :thumbsdown:

oh thats a good one over here a joiner workes with wood a craftsman whats the meaning of joiner over there :lol: (why does lego blocks spring to mind )

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

oh thats a good one over here a joiner workes with wood a craftsman whats the meaning of joiner over there :lol: (why does lego blocks spring to mind )

over here a joiner joints wood, a carpenter cuts and mechanicaly fixes wood and everyone else is a woodbutcher

so to describe yourself as a joiner you need to be able to mark out, cut and join wood, this also requires knowledge on the strengths and weakness of wood

studwork etc is carpentry and requires only basic woodwork skills

a wood butcher is clueless but they sell timber and the tools at B&Q and how hard can it be after all I have a nice hammer loop for my belt and a nail gun and a cordless etc

U

user123

we have all made our feelings on Gs son in laws efforts clear

im sure hes a nice bloke and is the father of Gs grandchild as well as her future son in law, hes coming back to sort it so can we back off

we are all looking forward to G becoming a glamarous granny:hurray:

Thanks Mike, and very good comment, but I'm the stepmother (Howard's daughter, see, not mine) so doesn't feel quite as close as all that as we never lived together, but the baby will know me from the start, she won't mind that I'm not really a blood relation, and the whole step thing won't matter between us, I hope not anyhow.

But yes, I am hoping for the best, too, and hoping I'll be able to send you really good photos, soon. And considering Howard's daughter likes him he can't be all bad, just from a different world with different standards, but you never know, he may come good. Fingers crossed, eh? I just want it sorting now...

U

user123

Update: The ceiling was finally done today, and it's ok, not amazingly perfect but good enough, will take pics when it's dry. Said future son-in-law arrived 8:45 am in a really good mood, (always good), and did his best - the ply will be used by us to clad the wall on the other side. So while I'm in Germany (from Thursday) I can cheer myself up thinking it's now ready for the electrics and the decorating, so that is a VERY nice little tonic. :thumbsup:

All's well that ends well... phew!! :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to My Bad day with Garage ceiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Found this forum while searching for a new tile cutter, and was impressed by the help and...
Replies
Views
M
Evening chaps....over the past few days i have been helping a friend to remove a chimney breast...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
J
Not had a good day today :thumbsdown: was having a quick bite to eat an a brew when theres...
Replies
Views
Stewart
S
V
morning all. been doing work for a building company for a few years now, i went to do a kitchen...
Replies
Views
Perry
P
it all started last friday when i noticed my eyes weren't quite right, i was finding it hard to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My Bad day with Garage ceiling.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.