Discuss My Bad day with Garage ceiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Re: What a busy day!

as you're paying him he should do a good job even if you're related. no excuse for workmanship like that and you should tell him (politely of course) that he'll never be able to support his family with work like that! keep an eye on him plasterboarding, make sure there's plenty of noggins in the ceiling, joints are taped and he uses screws not nails for the boards. good luck:thumbsup:

Good advice, thank you Mike... screws I knew but might have forgotten, tape, yes, check, but what are noggins?

U

user123

Re: What a busy day!

You want a ceiling that is boarded and plastered,,, what is hard to understand or explain why.. It is your choice of finish..end of, tell him..

ruff assed git..:31:

Quite... :thumbsdown: not a young lad either, 40, with 3 kids already from 2 previous marriages, no point telling him he can't support a family... pfff...., let's not go there.... :sick2:

M

mikethetile

oh dear G

families are difficult sometimes

that ceiling will never do and battens wont stop it from bowing as the boards are too thin, I would get it reboarded , you can joint it and paint it which will keep the weight and costs down

say no more about it to your daughter with the baby due next week she doesnt need the stress, at the end of the day its only a ceiling and you have a grandchild to look forward too

good job you found out what an idiot he is before you asked him to refit your kitchen

Reply to My Bad day with Garage ceiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Found this forum while searching for a new tile cutter, and was impressed by the help and...
Replies
Views
M
Evening chaps....over the past few days i have been helping a friend to remove a chimney breast...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
J
Not had a good day today :thumbsdown: was having a quick bite to eat an a brew when theres...
Replies
Views
Stewart
S
V
morning all. been doing work for a building company for a few years now, i went to do a kitchen...
Replies
Views
Perry
P
it all started last friday when i noticed my eyes weren't quite right, i was finding it hard to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My Bad day with Garage ceiling.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks