Discuss Phil's latest Geo Job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
We can't reply to posts in that forum as it is setup only for the thread starter to reply to their own threads to keep the job followable by others etc.

So I thought I'd link to it: http://www.tilersforums.com/wall-floor-tilers-work/71616-latest-geo-job.html

And then say - Reaaaally nice work there mate. Well done. As always.

It's gonna take a whole bunch of even highly experienced guys to take over your work when you hang the towel and retire on that beach mate.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

We can't reply to posts in that forum as it is setup only for the thread starter to reply to their own threads to keep the job followable by others etc.

So I thought I'd link to it: http://www.tilersforums.com/wall-floor-tilers-work/71616-latest-geo-job.html

And then say - Reaaaally nice work there mate. Well done. As always.

It's gonna take a whole bunch of even highly experienced guys to take over your work when you hang the towel and retire on that beach mate.

Sorry Dan I thought I had done something wrong there my brain is fried. As for the beach, unless my lotto numbers come up, my trowel will hit the floor a split second before I do lol, I think I will die with my boots on.:yikes::yikes::lol:

T

I'm glad you started this thread Dan, I had a question about it.

Ace work as always Phil. How long will this floor have taken from start to finish? And how many m2 is it?

Thanks Bri for your kind words, the floor is about 9m2 in total, the border is 19lin m, It took longer to prep than it did to tile.

I had to sort the t&g out first overlay with Hardie board, then 8 bags of levelflex floor is out of level by 40mm over the length.

It was hard to create a constant fall, but I managed and now you can't see or feel the slope, I will have spent the best part of three weeks getting it right. I hope to finish tomorrow/ Saturday, I have probably lost money on this one but the client is happy so that is the most important thing for me.

No wonder I can't retire lol.

C

charlie1

Thanks Bri for your kind words, the floor is about 9m2 in total, the border is 19lin m, It took longer to prep than it did to tile.

I had to sort the t&g out first overlay with Hardie board, then 8 bags of levelflex floor is out of level by 40mm over the length.

It was hard to create a constant fall, but I managed and now you can't see or feel the slope, I will have spent the best part of three weeks getting it right. I hope to finish tomorrow/ Saturday, I have probably lost money on this one but the client is happy so that is the most important thing for me.

No wonder I can't retire lol.

phil, you get some people who know how to make money and others who know how to make beauty!! I think you fall in to the later!! Look at it this way though, when your working, your not really working ;-)

T

Almost done, a big thank you to Andyq (jotm winner) he popped in this afternoon and helped me grout up,

I am going back Sun to apply the HG Golv polish. A few more pics.

Attachments

• pg2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 40
  • pg1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 43
  • pg3.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 38
  • pg5.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 44
  • pg6.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 48
  • pg7.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 37

Reply to Phil's latest Geo Job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
K
What was the best job and why you ever tiled. Mine was a job at London Bridge .we tiled...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hi, Just wondering roughly what proportion of a pro tillers work is taking out old tiles and...
Replies
Views
J
hi . we are 2 tilers looking for private job. london and 50miles around. if you have some...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
T
Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our...
Replies
Views
Tianqiang Situ
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB